Author Topic: Mastiff new to BPO  (Read 7970 times)

Offline LittleGrace

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Mastiff new to BPO
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:37:06 pm »
Hi Everyone! We got an English Mastiff several weeks ago.  She is quickly growing to be a Big Paw Dog! She's making about 5lbs a week.  Thanks for all the helpful topics on this board it is great! We came accross it while researching the breed and are excited to have a place to connect with other giant dog owners.

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: Mastiff new to BPO
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:42:02 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Melissa, or Mel.  Mommy to 1 year old Dazy, the Giant Schnauzer, and 4 year old Ladybug, the Mini Schnauzer with a giant attitude.

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:04:42 pm »
Hi Everyone! We got an English Mastiff several weeks ago.  She is quickly growing to be a Big Paw Dog! She's making about 5lbs a week.  Thanks for all the helpful topics on this board it is great! We came accross it while researching the breed and are excited to have a place to connect with other giant dog owners.
AWWWW what a lil cutey!  Don't let her grow too fast, it's hard on the joints!  My monsters are Badger, a 5 1/2 year old male Rotty, and Goshawk, an 8 week old female bullmastiff!
WELCOME!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 10:06:49 pm »
Welcome!  I'm Tessie, mom to Belladonna (Great Dane) and Mojo (furry kitty).
Please, send us some pictures! :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:45:55 pm »
Hi & welcome to BPO!...I'm Chelle & my BIG pawed guys are Samson & Pippin both Great Pyrenees...Sam my will be 2 on the 23rd of this month & Pippin will be 1 & 1/2 on the 19th...Your little K9 girl is just precious!...What is her name & how did you come to have her? :)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:50:16 pm »
What a face!!  Welcome, I'm Heatherton.  I have Daphne, a boxer and Stone a siamese mix who swears he's a dog!  No big paw at the moment, although I am seriously considering a mastiff next.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 07:14:17 am »
Don't blink or that baby will be huge!   :D  I'm Jacquie and my paws are Tsu (12yo Chow), Boudreaux (5mo American Mastiff) and Griffey (7yo fat, yellow cat).  Glad you found us!  This is a great board to share experiences, b*tch and moan, laugh and cry.  Welcome aboard!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 07:16:19 am »
Welcome aboard!!! Your puppy is so cute!!!

I'm April and my two big paws are Kiah a great pyrenees and Kitana a mix puppy.

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 09:14:03 am »
It's always great seeing another mastiff on the board. 

Welcome, I am Eileen and have Nola an almost 17 month old English beast.  Needless to say, I love/adore/worship the maniac.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 02:19:03 pm »
Welcome to Big Paws Only! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. Glad to have you here!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 06:07:33 pm »
Hey! Welcome to the family!  Warning, Mastiffs are addictive, just like potato chips!  I am Margaret, and I currently have four of them in my care- half-sisters Imani and Frankie, our rescue boy, Jesse, and our foster, Maggie.

Weedsport, NY

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 08:22:27 pm »
Hello and welcome.

My name is Chris and I am current owner to Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and recently added Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:30 pm »
 :) welcome!  that's a beautiful girl....
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

rickysmom1

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 10:21:25 pm »
Welcome to BPO !!!  :D My name is Debbie and my pups are 11 month old Tater (the mutt  ;D) and 9 month old Willow (neo mastiff). I totally agree that mastiff's are addicting and I would have more if we had the room.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 09:00:05 am »
Welcome to BPO !!! :D My name is Debbie and my pups are 11 month old Tater (the mutt ;D) and 9 month old Willow (neo mastiff). I totally agree that mastiff's are addicting and I would have more if we had the room.

They really don't take much room- until/unless they decide to wrestle in the house, and then the more space, the better for everyone involved.  Seriously, I would take in a dozen more if I had the time and patience to work on training with each one every day, as they all require even without adding an addition onto my house, and I am sure they would all still be just as comfy as the ones I have now are.

Weedsport, NY