Author Topic: New  (Read 3320 times)

Offline LadyJFree

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New
« on: July 19, 2007, 04:40:36 am »
I would like to introduce myself and my Great Pyrenees, Beau Bear.  We adopted him (oops!  I adopted him and no one had a choice) about one year and three months ago.  He was seven years old at the time.  No history about him except that no body wanted him and the people who took him home ended up bringing him back.

About six months after we adopted him, he had to have an operation for his hip and that hurt our pocketbook and our hearts.  I could not think of anything but getting the money to help this wonderful dog.  Against all advice to do otherwise, he has had the operation and is now a beautiful, healthy, "spunky" member of our household which includes a basset-mix (adopted) two standardbred horses (adopted), my husband and myself.

Well, needless to say Beau Bear has my "heart", my soul and my home.  Just some minor problems with other dogs so I thought I would go here and find out what to do.

Thanks for being here all!

Joanne

Icerotti

Re: New
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:38:35 am »
Welcome. Congrats on adopting such a handsome boy. it sounds like he found the perfect family to love and be loved  ;D
My crew is listed below ::) They drive me crazy but love them anyway...lol

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 08:04:34 am »
Oh My Gosh Joanne! Welcome! Welcome Beau Bear! Seems as though we have yet another Rescue Angel here. Your 'Baby' is beautiful! And you are wonderful for bringing this Treasured Blessing into your lives.

Just wish there were more out there. But in my mind BPO is the VERY BEST so far as caring for and loving our four legged friends. And finding homes for those in need.

Again, Welcome! PLEASE! Tell us more!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 08:29:29 am »
Welcome to the group. I am Paige and i have a house full that includes Pyrs. Dakota is my senior rescue- we rescued her when she was 7. He is beautiful.

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 04:11:14 am »
oh, what a big sweet baby.  you and he are so lucky to have found each other!  you will surely find this to be a super source of advice and encouragement as you and your pupper enter his golden years.

Offline cynsheis

• Ankle Biter
  • KD baby
    • View Profile
    • KD the Cane Corso
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 04:23:41 am »
Hi Joanne

What a lovely dog he is.
We adopted a newfie mix several years ago, They estimated he was around 10. I certinally know what your feeling for him right now.

You guys are gonna have some wonderful times together!
KD - Cane Corso
Razz - Melinois mix
Lobo - Little paw chichi

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 09:47:15 am »
wow it sounds like beau bear is a lucky boy to have been found by you guys! welcome to the board, im christina mother to max, chevy and Boog-in my avatar
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 04:38:15 pm »
Hi & welcome!  I love that pic, Beau Bear and Katie are just adorable together!  I'm so glad that he has a happy forever home with your family, he looks very loved & happy.  I'm mom to 3 kids, our kitties, and Daisy our 8 y/o Golden/Lab mix, Sammy our 5ish y/o Pyr, Cassie our 2 y/o Pyr/? mix and mom forever to Cara & Halley our Pyr girls that are waiting for us at the Bridge now.  Cassie was rehomed to us in February by an elderly couple that could no longer care for her but loved her dearly.  Sammy came to us in March from Pyr Rescue.  He'd been starved nearly to death by his former "owners" and was taken to a shelter by AC, bless them.  All are healthy, happy pups now and we love our little dog pack.  It's a real testament to their amazingly sweet doggy souls that they could've been treated so badly and yet still become such wonderful family members, isn't it?  Please give Beau Bear a kiss on his gorgeous head for me!   :-*  ;D  I just love happy rescue stories!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees