Author Topic: Mama to 6 dogs....8 cats...2 potbellied pigs...  (Read 4724 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Mama to 6 dogs....8 cats...2 potbellied pigs...
« on: September 20, 2007, 02:07:39 pm »
I've been posting for about a week now...and haven't gotten around to introducing myself!  My name is Lynn - and as my subject line says, I have MANY pets.  This is what can happen to you when you are active in rescue and move from an upscale area (Ann Arbor, MI) to a rural area (western Maryland)....you keep rescuing, but find less quality homes to place animals in...you end up adopting them yourself...lol ...

Bodhi, 14 mos. Newfoundland
Zildjian, 7 yo Dalmatian
Rio, 11 yo Black Lab/Beagle mix
Dolly, 6 yo ??? mix (looks like Bart Simpson's dog!)
Stubby, 6 yo Corgi/?? mix
Ribbit, 7 yo Cocker/?? mix

Bump
Delilah
Stashe
Mischa
Moose.....hous e cats

Archie
Betty
Midge....barn cats

Ginger & Marianne...pot bellied pigs

Thank Goodness we have alot of room...6 acres of our own and access to 30+ more (our neighbor is a cattle farmer).  It goes without saying that chaos rules at our house, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Each one of our critters has a unique personality and brings us so much joy....and they are all spoiled completely rotten, lol. 

Bodhi is our newest addition, and so far he has been a learning experience.  We had a Malamute/GSD mix for 7 years, but he was an epileptic on Phenobarbital and very lethargic...Bo dhi is bigger and crazier by far! 

Hope to make some new friends here....IMO, Big Dog People are the best!!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Mama to 6 dogs....8 cats...2 potbellied pigs...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 03:57:27 pm »
Wow what a gang. I can't wait to see pictures of everyone. Wlecome to the board. I'm Tina mom to 3 pyrs and 3 humans.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 04:03:18 pm »
Welcome Lynn, with hands full, LOL! I too would love to see pictures of your western maryland camp  ;D
I am a slave to a Great Pyrenees Lily and live in Maryland as well  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 04:31:28 pm »
Welcome!!! Your house sounds wonderful!!!!
Im Jodi (but, call me Jo), mom to 2 bull terriers, Zero and Jigsaw, a great dane, Memphis and chinese crested, Reba. also, slave to 4 cats, Simba, sabbath, Lil meow and kimahri. As well as some lazy fish and an 8 legged freak named Webbley.
I would LOVE to see pics of all your crew. esp. the pigs. i adore pigs, they are much like my bull terriers ;)
welcome to the board.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 05:53:45 pm »
Welcome. Your house sounds like a blast! You have to post pics...especia lly of the piggies. I just love piggies.   ;)

I don't know about the piggies.  The only one I ever met HATES me.  My friend Lisa has a pot bellied pig named Rosie and she chases me around the house and tries to bite my feet.  The first time she did it, Lisa was in the kitchen and Rosie and I were in the living room.  Rosie suddenly ran at me squealing ...Lisa ran in from the kitchen to find me standing on the back of her sofa and Rosie trying to climb on it to get to me.  Now I just refer to Rosie as Bacon to remind her of her place.  LOL!

I'm sure not all piggies are like Evil Rosie though...  I'm laughing at myself...I had forgotten about that incident until now!

~ Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 09:45:22 pm »
Welcome to the board. I can so totally relate to the rescue and then not being able to find a home good enough for the animal. I am Paige, we live on 4.5 acres and back up to about 200 acres, in Texas. I have 3 Danes, all rescued, 4 Pyrs (2 were rescued) and a Newf/Golden retriever that is a rescue plus what I call the littles and I have a pointer mix foster that is needing her forver home. I agree, pics are required.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 10:01:50 pm »
pigs? really? I need to know more. Do they come inside and hang out, or is it like having horses where they stay outside all the time?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 10:53:33 pm »
Welcome to the board.  I'm Kat and my crew is listed below.  I wish I had some acreage to let me pups run on but then I would probably be overrun with dogs.  Sounds like you have an exciting house.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience