Author Topic: Therapy Dog Test  (Read 2011 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Therapy Dog Test
« on: August 27, 2005, 04:15:57 pm »
Yipee!!!! Niki passed her TDI test with flying colors and was first in her class.  She was perfect and even impressed all the others, of course, she is a BPO Dog so what else could you expect?  Now we need the vet form, a new cape and off to work.  A great new project.

I would love to get involved with the group that takes problem dogs to prisons for the prisoners to keep and make more adoptable so they do not have to be euthanized.  I don't think it is done in California but would be so cool.  I would like to try for a women's prison.  I know its called prison tails and I will research it.  Anybody know of it?

Also found out that we need three people (not dogs) to start a local chapter, so we will work on it.  Thanks for your support.
Peggy

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Therapy Dog Test
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 04:40:51 pm »
Congratulation s Niki! I am so happy that you passed your test! You have made BPO so proud.  ;D We must celebrate sometime soon.

So you need 3 people huh Peggy- well you got your chapter then! Count Michael, Nicki and Myself in plus you which equals 4. Yeah! Just tell us what we have to do.

Now for the important stuff- you gotta give Bear & I all the info and be our teacher so that we can pass the test in November too. WooHoo. Therapy dog status here we come.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
Congrats ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 05:43:58 pm »
Hey, Congrats on passing the test.

I was planning on having Keiko do therapy work while we were here in CA, but I think I will wait until we move to IL.  I dont' know how strict the tests are, but I want her to be perfect.  I think she needs a bit more leash work done.  She doesn't pull (anymore), but she doesn't like walking on a loose leash, either.  We're almost there, just a bit more practice...... ......in fact, I just bought a pinch collar to give her that one last push to get her where I want her to be.  It remains to be seen whether it will work or not.  Either way we will practice, and hopefully she'll be ready soon.  Darn huskies and their need to lead.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 06:50:14 pm »
Congrats on the passed test! I am sure Niki will be a great therapy dog :)
RIP former BPO