Author Topic: It is NOT cute!  (Read 6680 times)

dohertyswissy

It is NOT cute!
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:34:07 pm »
I know we've vented about this before, but I've got to get it out of my system.  Yesterday, I took Ranger for a nice long walk around a local park with a lake.  As we make our journey, we run into 4 dogs:  an Australian Shepard, 2 miniture dachsands (who were together), and a chihuaua.  Now, anyone want to guess which 3 dogs growled and snapped at Ranger.  You guessed it - the miniture dachsaunds and the chihuaua.  Ranger being the gentleman that he is, just looked at the small dogs like they had lost their marbles.  Not that this is unusual, but there was a couple behind me who just thought it was simply 'ADORABLE' how those little dogs had NO idea how small they were in comparison to Ranger.

ADORABLE?!?!?!  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!  These dogs are acting aggressively toward my dog!!  IT IS NOT ADORABLE!  IT IS DEPLORABLE!   >:(

I'm pretty confident that they wouldn't have found it very 'ADORABLE' if my WAY cuter big paw had growled and barked at the little dogs.  I probably would've gotten a lecture on how I need to control "that thing."  Luckily, I've never had to have this conversation, b/c it would've likely resulted in me being arrested for assault with intent to injury severely. 

Maybe we should set up a BPO Bail fund.....

Okay...I'm over it now.... I think...... >:(

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: It is NOT cute!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:42:29 pm »
I think you have a great idea there Heather. We do need a bail fund because someday someone is going to lose it and of course it will be our big dog's fault. Grrr....
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 12:59:05 pm »
Practise a little move called the drop kick and punt the little fuzz-ball into next week. PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE TO BEWARE OF MY BIG PAW...OH NO, BEWARE OF ME. I snap long before my dogs.
Stella

Offline shi_ni_ke

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 02:08:12 pm »
This  would be about as cute a the vision of Napolean's troops marching down the street.

Lily, asks me to convey to Ranger that she knows exactly how you feel. She, as an SDIT (Service Dog in Training) and  is not allowed to show any form of aggression especially in public and their behavior is just uncomprehensib le to her as well. Give yourself a doggie treat for your fine example of a well behaved dog!

She always give me the geez mom.. weren't they ever taught any manners look when this happens. I on the other hand have several trainers' business cards that I carry and I walk right up and hand the human on the other end of the leash one and tell them maybe they better call this person so they and their dog can get a brush up course on public manners 101.  Having been rushed several times either by dogs not on leashes or lunging dogs and having to step between Lily and the other dogs, I unfortunately no longer have any tolerance for ill mannered pups of any size.

If someone still insists on telling me how adorable/cute it is that the small dog doesn't realize his size, I reply if that dog was growling at you or your small child/grandchild like that, would you think it was so cute? This generally either ends the conversation or leads to an explanation of doggie body language and why they should consider that dog dangerous.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 02:12:22 pm »
You GO, SHI!!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 02:16:03 pm »
We've had similiar incidents...pa rt of me wished Samson would just reach out & whack the small snapping dog into next week. :-\

dohertyswissy

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 02:20:01 pm »
Thanks for all the support guys! 

Ranger says "Fank u Lily and all my other BPO family for apweciating my good behavior.  Mommy and I twy weal hard."

The business card thing is good idea!  If that doesn't work...I may have to seriously considering the drop kick.....

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 02:53:48 pm »

Practise a little move called the drop kick and punt the little fuzz-ball into next week. PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE TO BEWARE OF MY BIG PAW...OH NO, BEWARE OF ME. I snap long before my dogs.
Stella
Stella, Stella, Stella!
I want you on my side in a rock fight!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 03:07:47 pm »
I got your back John, it's been a long time, but my kids tell me I still have the aim. I grew up on the Chicago streets, if you didn't protect yourself and your loved ones you were history. And then I inhertited Daddy's irish temper...
Hubby said I mellowed when I turned 40. A little.
Stella
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 03:32:16 pm by GR8DAME »

Offline Leeann

• Gnawer
  • Cinco loves everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 03:40:14 pm »
Thanks for all the support guys! 

Ranger says "Fank u Lily and all my other BPO family for apweciating my good behavior.  Mommy and I twy weal hard."

The business card thing is good idea!  If that doesn't work...I may have to seriously considering the drop kick.....
Lol my friend did that to a little yorkie!

I have no tolerence for this at ALL! I've even broken up a fight between Cinco and my friends Brittany!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 03:41:56 pm »
Poor Ranger, hopefully he's ok now!! Little dogs can be quite terrors sometimes, those people really need to train their freaking dogs!!

Former foster, Dolly

and Maggie's boyfriend, Marty

both say their sorry for what those little terrors did to you Ranger, they say that they will never bark or growl at you because they love big dogs!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 03:42:12 pm »
It's like it everywhere, There must be a rule that says, small dogs are allowed to be aggressive, Ive had to change where I walk since being accused of having a vicious 12 month old newfoundland that upset one small dog by sniffing at it whilst it was barking and growling. Apparently the size of my dog had intimidated the poor little thing!  :D
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 03:52:01 pm »
what everyone said above and... +1.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:04:40 pm by jabear »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 05:01:39 pm »
Some lady at Petsmart had some little rat thing that was snapping at Sanity.  Of course he tucked his tail and cowered and she was like "OMG, isn't that so funny?"  I looked at her with a blank look on my face and said "What?"  "Well that your big dog is so afraid of my little dog"  I was having a stinky day so I said "I'm sorry that your untrained, socially inept dog with aggression problems attacking my well trained dog isn't making me piss my pants with laughter.  I'm sorry you're too rude to notice that.  Hey I'm smaller than you, I suppose if I spun around right now and bit your butt everyone would laugh hysterically huh?"  Then I grabbed a Petsmart employee and said "Excuse me, her dog needs obedience clases before she gets sued.  COuld you help her out?  Thanks"

Ang 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:33:51 pm by jabear »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 06:36:25 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOH, ANG! Awesome! I love it! hahahhahaha! You're awesome. What a stupid witch with a b. I can't STAND people with aggressive little dogs. And, why are SO MANY of them aggressive? Grrrr...