Author Topic: So...Belle is back...  (Read 3551 times)

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
So...Belle is back...
« on: September 12, 2006, 09:58:01 am »
...and apparently "aggressive..."

The lady that took her called me yesterday and started off telling me how great she had been, how they loved her, but they had to return her because she was afraid she was becoming aggressive.

What happened was her son was playing with a nerf ball in the house and threw it.  It bounced off something and hit Belle in the side-she was sleeping.  Naturally, it startled her (it would startle me too!) so she jumped up.  In the process, she knocked him down.  So, now she is afraid she is aggressive.... whatever.

Anyway, her skin looks so-so.  We were at a standstill with her progress when she was adopted and it looks a little better, but as long as she has been treated for this, it should look much better, IMO.  There has got to be some other underlying problem.  I sent off for a fully thyroid test yesterday, so should get the results after a while. 

I think a RAW diet would be perfect for her, but I can't do that right now- not with 10 other dogs in my care!  Right now, she is being kenneled at the vet clinic I work at just so I can get re-set up for having two giant dogs in the house again.

By the way, Abby, I couldn't find the soap you told me about.  I'll check at the Wetumpka Walmart, though.  Montgomery didn't have it today.
Emily and the gang

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: So...Belle is back...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:17:06 am »
I love it when one incident marks the dog for life!!  I didn't realize you were in the Montgomery area, that's where my mom lives!!  I'm in Mobile, and go up that way relatively often.  What soap are you looking for?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:35:06 am »
I didn't realize you were in the Montgomery area, that's where my mom lives!!  I'm in Mobile, and go up that way relatively often.  What soap are you looking for?

Well, I live in Tallassee, and go to school in Montgomery.  Not sure how to spell it, but Octagon soap?
Emily and the gang

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:40 am »
If that makes Belle agressive than all of my unruly beasts are severely agressive and should probably be put down a.s.a.p :-\ :D...Yikes...I bet they just weren't ready for a big dog.
I hope her skin clears up for you. :)

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:35:51 pm »
I would be aggressive also if I was sleeping and a nerf ball hit me and startled me...maybe I should be put down. I agree it sounds like they were not ready for a large dog, maybe not any dog if accidentally knocking someone down seems aggressive. :-\

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 02:49:56 pm »
If accidentally knocking the kid down that pelted her with a nerf ball while she was asleep makes her aggressive, what does that make Shiner?  He stood on my toe that has the toenail that was partially ripped off.  He must be aggressive and vindictive.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

cricket36580

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 02:59:15 pm »
Yeah, Octogon soap.  Iknow they sell it somewhere in Talisi too but I'm notsure where.  What about that little drug store by the Super Foods/Greers/whatever it's called on 14?  Actually, the Food Tiger (?) might have it.  If you go where there are lots of old people, you'll find it.  I have to go to the grocery store this week so I'll keep my eye open for it. 

I'm serious about her too.  I'll take her as long as dh doesn't threaten divorce.  And I'll make some calls to "past" applicants and see if they're interested.

She's no mre agressive than my firebelly toads are.   ::)  People never cease to amaze me. 

rickysmom1

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 06:32:03 pm »
If knocking someone over means a dog is agressive then my 2 are beyond hope. It's a daily occurence here for Willow to knock my 4 yr. old nephew over with her booty.  ;D

cricket36580

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 02:25:54 am »
Em - you should tell her whole story.  That's what the shocker is.  This dog has been in rescue/foster/shelter about 6 times.  It's incredible really that she's not nuts by now.  I guess it's a testament to their personalities and fortitude.

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:53:21 am »
'tis true.  She came from Florida, went into a rescue, adopted, first rescue would not take her back, came to me, adopted, came back to me...

It would be awesome if you could take her, Abby.  It may help save whatever little bit of sanity I have left.

There are lots of old people in Tallassee lots!  I'll check out the grocery stores.
Emily and the gang