Author Topic: Drakes 3rd Birthday  (Read 11988 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Drakes 3rd Birthday
« on: May 04, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
On a side note, after the big Specialty weekend, last Sunday was Drake's 3rd Birthday.  I can't believe it's been three years already.  We love him so much and he has enriched our lives more than we can ever understand.  Here he was on the big day, sitting in his kiddie pool with his Dauchsund Uncle Tucker.  HAPPY DOGGIES!!!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Drakes 3rd Birthday
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 05:32:37 pm »
Happy Birthday Drake! He looks so comfy in the pool with Tucker!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 12:46:48 pm »
That picture is TOO cute. Lot's of love Drakey...Yogi & Mia

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:51:16 pm »
He is soo cute! Drakey that is .. not Tuck!  :P

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 11:40:46 pm »
Happy Birthday Drake, my favorite snow-in-the-face big boy.  Hmm - it snows where you live but warm enough to be in a pool in May.  What part of the country do you live in? ???

Peggy
Peggy

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 05:55:30 am »
Happy Birthday Drake. Love the pic. I was wondering the same as Peggy?? Were do you live!!??
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 09:44:15 am »
I live in Novato, California.  We have a cabin up in South Shore, Lake Tahoe and that's where I took the "snowbeard" picture.  We used that pic for our Christmas card this year and people loved it.  Some of them still have it up on their fridge, our vet has it up in his waiting room.  It's a hilarious picture and is just a Newf at his happiest.  He loves the snow!  We fortunately don't get snow here in Novato, we're way too close to the Ocean.  But Lake Tahoe is only a 3 hour drive away so we go up there quite a bit during the Wintertime.  I love the snow but I wouldn't want to live in it for a whole season.  Too much work!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 01:16:28 pm »
 ;D     OK gotcha.  I used to live in an adobe house many years ago on McClay Rd in Novato.  Now my daughter is dating a Novato fire chief and it is serious.  Small world.   I live near Fresno now but grew up in Marin County (Fairfax).  I remember the first time I took Niki to Tahoe for the snow and she went crazy with joy and slid down on the hills with all the kids.  Bear must have gone nuts and buried his whole face.  Thanks for sharing.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 02:40:29 pm »
Wow! Small world indeed!  Novato is such a great town, not a pretentious as other towns in Marin and there's lots of room to grow.  It's kind of a mix between a farming and upper suburban community.  My wife and I both grew up in Napa and we prefer Novato.  Napa will always be home for us but Novato is better suited to our jobs and lifestyle.  So your daughter is dating the fire chief, that's great.  Our friend Mia, who owns a Newfie as well, lives next door to the family of that firefighter who died fighting the So Cal fires.  The Firemen in this area have it made, cush job.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 07:28:02 pm »
That is a small world guys. Peggy where are you around Fresno? My wife and I live in Fresno.

Michael~