Author Topic: UPDATE! ANGUS IS INJURED!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7129 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: ANGUS IS INJURED!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 02:03:37 pm »
Poor Angus!I hope that he gets well soon too. Like Mari's situation, Bear did this alot as a pup and did hae to take pain meds (for me more than him) til the limp was gone...a day or so later. The Consequin + Ester C really helped to keep his joints lubed enough so that it didn't happen anymore.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: ANGUS IS INJURED!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 11:36:03 pm »
Well I got back to town Friday night from Gander (Newf owners may recognized that name) and Angus was not longer limping and could raise his leg no problems. Saturday we went to obedience class and he was fine, we had a great class. When we got home Angus got really excited when we got to the driveway and when we were ready to get out of the van he jumped out and immediatly started limping again, but this time he could still raise his leg. Tonight he is good again but we are taking it easy with him for now.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE! ANGUS IS INJURED!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2005, 12:41:06 am »
I think it's just the excited-Newfie thing!  They are so anxious to do the next thing, they just get a 'tweak' and after a bit of a rest, it's all good!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2005, 12:43:16 am »
If it makes you feel any better, Bava did this before as I said earlier and was fine in a day or so, he just did it again this weekend, I'm not really sure how, I think it was from jumping up and landing wrong.  He's limping around tonight.
Worrying about him will be the death of me :)
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2005, 12:57:18 am »
Sadie did something similar to that once and it looked as though her entire leg was hurting her but when I took her to the vet after three days of it bothering her the vet checked her out and it was her toe that she had hurt, but Sadie made it look like her whole leg was sore! The vet told me she probably bent one of her toes back while jumping around and its kind of the same as if we bent one of our fingers backwards! She gave her an anti inflamatory and in a day she was all better. She told me to just keep her quiet for a few days to let it heal! So you might want to check out his toes! You just never know with these fur babies of ours. They can sure fool you sometimes! ::)
cuttles

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2005, 12:59:01 am »
I hear ya Brandon! You'll be so glad when everything is finally solidified into place.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2005, 06:25:24 pm »
Poor Angus, but don't panic mum, all he needs is a little rest. I've been through it with Bell, Annie and Hovis. Even now my heart is in my mouth if they get a limp. you know more than likely it is just a knock, but you cant help worrying. Newfs are big resiliant dogs but big babies at heart, in the circumstances you describe, Angus has just had a little knock and a bit of TLC will fix it.

Andy, Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 08:49:27 pm »
if it persists it may be advisable to get a scope of that elbow, chips can be in elbow causing great pain on and off, not see on xray only able to see with a scope
hope he is ok.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505