Author Topic: Petsitter  (Read 1207 times)

lorim2

Petsitter
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:00:44 pm »
I have been a contracted Petsitter for the past year.  My along with a friend of mine are starting our own Petsitting Business this year.  Anyone have any good tips for the business!!  We are going to start small and hopefully grow into a very reputable bus....I have tons of references already and know practically eveyone in a 100 radius all directions so hopefully that will help.  Any tips will be appreciated!!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Petsitter
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »
i dont have any tips, but i just want to say good luck with starting your own business :) Sounds like fun
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 03:01:09 pm »
You're here, so you obviously love pets!  But when I hire a petsitter, I have 3 requirements.  1, they call me at the first sign of anything strange.  My neighbors who do the petsitting (2 families) have pets of their own so we all know plenty about dogs.  2, they must offer the same care that I do.  They know my rules about in early/out early -- or there will be plenty to clean up! I usually leave very detailed instructions for my routine (per type of pet). 3, they must love them as much as me when they watch my babies.  I usually take them with me and only need their services at most 3 times a year, but when I do it HAS to be top quality service.

My advice is to be patient with clients, be honest in communicating with them (even if it's something you'd rather not say), and offer the best service you possibly can.  Does that help?!?!!??! 

I wish you the best of luck!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:01:56 pm by BellaRoosMom »

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:26:42 pm »
Yes it helps alot...I usually care for peoples pets like I would care for my own.  So far that works very well, hence the excellent recommendation s.  Thanks so much for your input and I will keep you guys posted on how it goes...FYI..I have 4 overnights starting tonight!  haha  yaya...very fun clients too...a boxer and a huge pointer...See ya