Author Topic: Honest opinion....  (Read 4846 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Honest opinion....
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:55:00 pm »
Someone is stating that I have out of contol dogs and people on this board are priv emailing her about my dogs....Have I ever made it sound that I have out of control animals?  I am not denying their temp and am honest...

I enjoy it here on BPO but unfortunatley I have a stalker...peop le here starting trouble that is not true
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:03:17 am by jabear »
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Nicole

Re: Honest opinion....
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:09:08 am »
Who the heck is this? She sounds like a wack-job, Babs! Honestly, I've never had anything but straight-up respect and awe of you for loving Zero and Misha (and their respective temperments) so much and being a big enough BAD A$$ to handle that! Seriously! I've told Megan (dober_gurl) before how much I think that you are a wicked cool chick for being able and willing to handle dogs with their temperments. I'm like, "I'll just have a sweet drooly Newf, please!"

Whoever she is, she sounds like she's outta control. I have NEVER percieved anything less than perfect manners and training from Zero and Misha. Forget about her. She's a looney-toon.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:03:50 am by jabear »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:09:40 am »
Babs,

I've never thought that.  Honestly (And I am honest) you're very blunt about your dogs not being the typical happy go lucky dog.  You're upfront about their temperaments as a breed trait, and I think that's responsible as you don't want naive people going out and getting one just because of how gorgeous they are. 

As for issues with people going behind your back.  I'm sorry you're having such a rough time lately.  I've gone through it too.  People are constantly calling the breeder that bred Sanity's father (He was sold on a nueter agreement and the papers were falsified.  The breeder confiscated all the puppies when she found out) horrible things, saying that she abuses her kids and her dogs and when I stand up for her saying things like I'm in on her puppy mill and get money from it.  People say stupid things, and there's nothing you can do about it.  I used to defend myself but I realized that's what they wanted and now I just email a nice thank you letter to them.  Like "Thank you I didn't realize that." and ignore them. 

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 12:11:27 am »
Babs, Your dogs are lovely and they are not out of control, and you have never said that they were/are. I am really sorry that this person is doing this to you.
I don't think that anyone here would ever email her about you. Did she mention names? I think that she is just trying to start trouble for you, why I don't know you are such a nice person.
Do you know why she is doing this or is she just .... one of those people... Let me know if need anything.

Nina  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 12:24:31 am »
Wow!!  I'm so sorry things are being said about you.  It's upsetting to know people are saying untrue crap about you and your dogs!  I will be brutally honest... the first post I read of your I was suprised.  I was a newbie here and I think the post was something about Zero and how he was becoming protective.  I realized after doing a little research on the breed that's exactly how they're supposed to be!   I've always had the utmost respect for you and your dogs.  I think you're doing a wonderful job raising your babies, and I love seeing all the pics you post.  Zero and Misha are gorgeous!  The breed is very unique and fascinating, but I have to say they're not a breed for everyone as, of course, you know.  I'm such a softie I'll have to stick with the Great Danes. lol  I know it's easier said then done, but try not to get all worked up over someone who doesn't really matter in your life anyway.  Go give your furbabies a big hug and let them comfort you, because at the end of the day the love from your family is the only thing that truly matters. :)

Andi

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 12:31:54 am »
Well, we all know I'm in love with Zero and I have to ditto what everyone else said, especially Andi. I was intrigued by Zero when you first joined and, honestly, a little concerned, but that quickly turned to a deep respect after reading how knowledgable you were about the breed and their temperments and how you took great pains not to let anyone unfamiliar with Zero test his limitations.

Neither you nor your dogs are anything close to "out of control". Where did this person come from??
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 12:33:56 am »
Good Lord, woman, I constantly marvel at how IN control your dogs are!

As well as how in control YOU are, in order to be in control of THEM.

I am in Nicole's camp - I don't think you have ever been anything but honest about your dog's temperments and breed characteristic s, and how they need a strong owner who can maintain leadership.  Yes, you have stated that they are not a run-up-to-every-stranger-and-cuddle-with-them type breed, but that doesn't equal out of control.  Plus, you have also very clearly stated that you give your dogs firm rules about how they can behave with people they are not comfortable with. 

I have personally always had a huge amount of respect for you for taking on such a serious breed and consistently committing yourself to make sure that they know you are the boss.

That doesn't sound out of control to me.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline babs2Sully

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 12:38:23 am »
To one Babs from another.... Sorry you're having this problem...

I didn't know anything about your breed until I came to this board and began reading...they are a very interesting animal..Not the one for me though...

Obviously the caucasians are different than your average ball of fluff..

I am sorry that someone here has taken it upon themselves to be your judge and jury... Sometimes people who don't know what they're talking about should keep their opinions to themselves...

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 12:43:36 am »
You are the most in control Mom here. 
Someone is stating that I have out of contol dogs and people on this board are priv emailing her about my dogs....Have I ever made it sound that I have out of control animals?  I am not denying their temp and am honest...

I enjoy it here on BPO but unfortunatley I have a stalker... people here starting trouble that is not true
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:04:35 am by jabear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 01:00:51 am »
Babs, I think it goes without saying what I think as  fellow LGD owner. :) I must say that I admire you too for having such extreme dogs!...I think it's awesome & I have found myself thinking, "could I handle them" :-\ :D...lol...What I think is really awesome is that you have so much knowlege about your dogs, what they were bred to do & their temperment...& you let them be the dogs they are but don't let them get out of control!...My uncles came over yesterday & jumped the fence into the back yard instead of using his key on the gate...Pippin went off...hackles were up & all & I was concerned as I should be...So, I made a call to Jackie & she told me how to handle that kind of event...by asking my uncle to call the dogs to the fence before he comes in...I did tell Pippin to knock it off as my uncle is welcomed here but Pippin was doing what he is supposed to & though my uncle wasn't concerned I still was because I know my dogs...Does that mean Pippin was out of control?...Not at all...He was doing what he is supposed to do & the issue isn't with Pippin it is with my uncle's entry to the yard so we will correct that....I know you know what I mean...LGD's are not your average dog & I personally love that...It's one of the reasons I chose my Pyrs.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 02:01:00 am »
I don't know who that lady is, but what business is it of hers anyway how your dogs are?  I wonder who is emailing her?

From what I've learned about your dogs and the breeds, you are a very knowledgable person on the breed, and know exactly what to expect from them, and how to handle them when they do the expected.  I only have the utmost respect for someone to have not one, but two of these types of breeds.  I love the Caucasians, and would love to get one someday, but I still have alot to learn (and hubby needs to learn to step it up or he will be on the bottom of the totem pole), and would never get one unless I'm absolutely sure I can handle it.  I don't see how anyone can interpret what you have posted on here as having "out of control" dogs.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 02:48:46 am »
There will ALWAYS be people who are jealous of the attention that someone else generates on a public forum. These people don't have the intestinal fortitude for a 'face to face' confrontation, so they do what they can to bring that person down 'behind their backs'. And those that participate in this type of behavior are no better than the instigator.
I would suspect that those members of this board that are e-mailing this person are non-participants who 'Lurk', they have never made a 'productive' post, and they have an extremely low level of self-esteem.
I hope they are prolific breeders!
Our children will need servants!
BTW, I love your dogs, and the way that you handle them.
John
p.s. "Short people got nobody to love."-Randy Newman
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 02:57:55 am »
Babs,
I'm sorry to hear about the rumors and gossip going around.   >:(  Stand tall and proud, know that you are doing a good job and that those of us who "know" you believe in you. 

Give those two a hug from me, k?  Chin up..
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 02:58:27 am »
'I love you, you love me,
We're a happy family,
with a great big hug and
a kiss from me to you....
ok that's all I know of the song.   :P
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 03:02:05 am »
'I love you, you love me,
We're a happy family,
with a great big hug and
a kiss from me to you....
ok that's all I know of the song

Oh, no.  Don't even THINK about getting a Barney song stuck in my head.    :P  :P   :P