Author Topic: I found a lump  (Read 12482 times)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: I found a lump
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 06:50:38 pm »
Oh no!  What a coincidence this is!  While standing naked in front of the mirror this morning I noticed a lump also, only mine is behind me.  It's squishy and it's attached I think, but it does move around... a lot!  In fact when I jump up and down it jiggles and looks horrible!  I know it was there last month, but I could've sworn it was much smaller and didn't have as many dimples in it...  Oh wait a minute...  I know what it is!  IT'S MY BIG OLE BUTT I GOT FROM SITTING HERE READING THIS BOARD ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D  I hope everything turns out ok Lins :)

Okay girls, hubby read this and said it sounded mean and like I was being a smart aleck.  That was soooo not my intention and I really hope no one took it that way!  I was only trying to make Lins laugh instead of being so worried :-\.  I have a tendency to try to make a funny when others are feeling blue and I would never belittle your feelings.  I hope that the vet gives her a clean bill of health and everthing is fine ;)  Which I'm sure will happen!  Okay, that's all.

Nats

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 07:46:54 pm »
I thought it was funny too!  I am sure no one took offense.

My love-of-my-life dog, Cabo, had several lipomas over his life span.  Some were immediately identified as such, some needed to actually be removed before they could be sure that is what they were.  They were all very scary at the time, but none ever turned out to be anything to worry about...  Hopefully that is the case here.  Be sure to let us know...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 08:38:23 pm »
Thanks girls!  My buddies got my back!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 08:45:34 pm »
Nats...... When I read it I was first thinking "dang..... what an odd cyst"  then I almost fell off my chair laughing, and re-phrased it to "wow..... what a large lipoma"  ::) ;D

I was picturing you hopping up and down while butt swinging from side to side and your puppy sat next to you with a sad very confused look hehe

Tell your hubby, it takes a whole lot more for us to take offence. For example most of us are married (that pretty much takes care of toughening up lol...)

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 07:53:28 am »
Oh...I'm not offended.  In fact I ran my lump off last night.  Took both girls for a walk at the same time.  Can't leave one in the house alone now.  They cry and tear things up.  So off we went and had a good ole time. 
I'm trying to think the best.  I'm sure it's ok and every one has been so helpful and encouraging.  I'll let you know what I hear tomorrow...fir st thing.  :)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 11:09:34 am »
Nat - No worries, we love you and your lumpy butt!

Lins - Have you heard anything yet????  Is Gracey okay?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2005, 11:10:15 am »
Our appointment is at 5 tonight. 

dohertyswissy

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 11:11:10 am »
okay - keep us posted!!  fingers and paws crossed!!

hugs to gracey and mom,
heather and ranger

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2005, 11:30:39 am »
Hi Lins,
Gracey sure is lucky that you take such good care of her. 
Daisy had a cyst on her shoulder before that was from an injection before surgery.
It all turned out just fine.  We'll be thinking about you both!
Michelle & Daisy

SaraphWolf79

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 09:52:38 am »
I too found a lump on my Husky about a month ago (as soon as I noticed it, I immediately raced to the vet to have it examined.)  It's in a strange spot, on his leg near his elbow joint.  He's going in next week to have it removed, and you guys please pray for him?  They won't know what it is until they go in and remove it, but the vet is pretty optimistic about it (which makes me feel better).  Hopefully he'll be ok...and your pup too!

Carrie

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 09:58:30 am »
Good luck!!! let us know how it turns out.
Gracey had a reaction to her shots is all that was.  :) 
I'm sure your puppy will be fine.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 10:00:46 am »
Good luck with your boy.  You are in our prayers.

Lisa, Dixie, & Sugar Bear
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 10:03:47 am »
good luck with him... I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2005, 02:14:54 am »
Good Luck Carrie, please let us know as soon as you know what it is. And give him big huggs from me and my canine family.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

SaraphWolf79

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2005, 09:13:36 pm »
Oh Jackie thank you so much for your kind words.  I've been praying for him, and I hope he'll be alright.  The lump doesn't seem to hurt him at all, you can poke and prod at it and he doesn't budge.  Next week we're going to get it removed...I didn't realize it was even there until last month, and it doesn't appear to have grown any since I first noticed it.  I'll keep you updated throughout this ordeal.

Carrie