Author Topic: New to Group  (Read 3150 times)

Offline annerose

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New to Group
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:49:10 pm »
Hi,
I'm fairly new and am interested in obtaining a Big Dog. I'm currently on the 'wait' and see list for what we think is a lab/Dane mix (but not so sure). She's living with my sister right now, and at 6 months is about 25" and 60 pounds. So any opinions on her breed would be helpful. She has one sky blue eye and one brown eye. We've heard Greyhound / Weimreiner mix to the Dane/lab which is what the vet said when she was 3 months old.

Guess we'll find out when she stops growing. :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: New to Group
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 12:55:38 pm »
how pretty!  i hope you get her!  i don't know what she might be mixed with, but i wanted to welcome you!  i'm mom to axle (akita) sheeba (akita chow) diesel and scout (great danes) and caine (pitbull) along with two skin kids and a hubby. 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:58:05 pm »
Hi and welcome!  She sure is pretty! :)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:17:50 pm »
What a cutie.  If I had to guess I would agree with the dane/lab mix.

Welcome to the group.  You'll find everything you need to know about big paws from a great bunch of people.

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 06:21:00 am »
Hi and welcome to BPO.....Not to sure sure on her mix, but she is a beautiful girl! When will you know for sure if she is going to be your baby?

Offline annerose

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:56:35 pm »
Right now she's living with my sister, who owns a mutt - (springer spaniel/shar pei/rott/mix. And an Australian Shepherd who travelled over the rainbow bridge almost a year ago.

It's been stated that when I'm able to find afordable housing, she'll be ready to come, BUT - reality is my sissy may decide to keep her - so I'm not holding my breath, but am looking for some places, and a new job offer etc... to come through.

:D

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 03:22:05 pm »
Welcome, she sure is a cutie, with those long legs of hers I would guess dane x as well. You have found the best possible forum around, even if you don't get this girl you will be more than prepared for when yours does come along, everyone is really nice and very helpful to offer any tips and answer any questions that might come up.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)