Author Topic: Hello, We are new here...  (Read 3457 times)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Hello, We are new here...
« on: May 17, 2007, 06:53:54 pm »
Hi My name is Danielle. We are looking at getting a 2yo or 5mo Great Dane/ Deutscher Doggen this weekend. I know I am a little late on getting more information about their care. But better late then never! :D We had our 10yo GSD put down right after the new year and now DH wants an even bigger dog! lol So I went on google to find a forum for big dogs/Danes and I found ya'll. You look nice and busy so I hope to find a lot of info. Oh and We live in Germany! So I will now go and write lots of questions everywhere.  ;D
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, We are new here...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:46:59 am »
Hi! Welcome to BPO. I'm Angeleen and am owned by Bella, an almost 10 month old Saint.  Bet of luck with your Dane research. You'll find TONS of info and Dane "slaves" here!
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:50:49 am »
Hi & welcome!  How exciting, I can't wait to see pics of your new addition!  I'm glad that you found us. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:58 am »
Well DH has set his sights on the 2yo named Joker. I hope to post some pictures on Sunday! I bought him a lead and DH was so excited about it. lol I hope to get to know ya'll a little better too.
Danielle

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 01:09:04 am »
Hello and welcome!  Are you German or American living in Germany?  Just wondering, as my parents lived there for 3 years when my dad was in the service.

My name is Chris, and my crew consists of Keiko, a 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers...... .along with a variety of other critters.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 04:11:24 am »
We are Americans living abroad. ;D DH is dual citizen and we came here to be near his family for as long as the Army allows us. This is our second tour and this fall are going to be applying for our 3rd. We are going to be moving next month to a house with 6 rooms so he will have one just for Joker if he wants. If not then we can always use it for an office. There is a GSD that will be our neighbor so he will have some company besides Titan.
Danielle