Author Topic: Attempts at a group photo  (Read 2989 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Attempts at a group photo
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:18:26 pm »
It's cold and a bit wet out this weekend, so I'm trying to find ways to entertain myself and the dogs inside. I decided to try to get a group photo. My ex-bf has my good camera, so I was using a digital point-and-shoot. Even with all the lights on, it's too dark today, and I hate flash... Blah. Anyway, the cat in the background is my ex-bf's; she thinks she is the queen. I'm cat sititng his cats until he gets a new place.

Here are the attempts at a group photo:

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Attempts at a group photo
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 01:56:53 pm »
Those are good!  I attempted a group shot a week or so ago. I have 2 dobes, a pom, a toy fox terrier, a rat terrier puppy, and I am currently puppy-sitting for my daughter's rat terrier pup that is a litter-mate to mine.  What a circus!!! The little dogs kept trying to climb on top of the big dogs, and Darmok was so busy showing her teeth to everyone so they would all be SURE to know that she was the Queen!  It was funny, but I never got what I set out to get.  Ended up taking pics of them in pairs instead!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 08:14:51 pm »
Wow! That is totally like a Cody, Angus & Bear (if he were tiny) picture.

I love your groups photos. That dogs all look like they get along well with the kitty too.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 08:29:30 pm »
I love that last photo....even the cat in the background was paying attention that time!
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:45:53 pm »
Ahh... the ever elusive group photo!!! They look great! Here's my best attempt yet, everyone is present except Leeloo, one cat, and me. ;D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:49:37 pm »
Riley looks a lot like Tyler.....look under the Babysitting pictures and compare.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:22:29 pm »
Awwww...so sweet. She looks right at home there ;)

How is she doing?
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 09:39:00 pm »
Riley does look a lot like Tyler, huh? He's getting up there in weight, too. I need to get him weighed again, but I think he may be at 100 pounds. He's gotten very tall.

Peyton, the Newf puppy, is doing well. We are trying to get the hang of potty training, and she cries when I leave, especially if she's baby-gated in the kitchen with Riley (don't have a crate her size and Riley prefers the baby gate-barks if crated). I think she settles down quickly, though, b/c she's been quiet when I've come back within a couple of minutes. She is a nipper, which is something we're working on (any tips? I'm trying to give her something appropriate to bite, but I don't always have a stuffed animal on hand. LOL. I've tried no, but she's just figuring out what it means. We'll get there...).

Doghealer-That's a good attempt! All five dogs, two cats, and your husband. I haven't gotten my three cats and the dogs in one photo yet. It's hard enough to get just one species together! LOL. But my ex's cat really liked hanging out in the background. She prefers being around the dogs (doesn't like them or the cats, but figures she can at least stay out of the way of the dogs, ha!).

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 10:46:57 pm »
If it's teething there's these awesome toys called Chilly Bones...they're a canvas material that you run water over and stick in the freezer.  It helps soothe their mouths so I'd give that a try.  If it's playbiting I can't really help because Kali is still obsessed with chewing on us.  But you can try the yelp or bitter apple spray.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 11:27:04 pm »
It's play biting mostly. She likes to pull on my pants leg and bite my hands when I pet her. Someone else here has a thread about biting, and another person said to yelp like a puppy. I've been trying that tonight, and it's been working! We'll see how it works with her in the long run at curbing the behavior altogether, but so far, she stops when I yelp.

We do have a chilly bone, but pretty much every toy that Peyton has, Sadie steals. She doesn't mind playing tug and doesn't act upset, but she steals them. She hoards "her" stuffed animals.  :P

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 02:55:23 pm »
Great pics!  Keep on posting them!  I too have a toy stealer/hoarder named Maddie girl!  She steals all toys from her 2 brothers  but, I say for putting up with the boys crap, she should!  LOL!!

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 07:16:35 pm »
great pics.. I can never get my 3 to stay still enough for a group shot.  Whenever they are, of course no camera around. As soon as you go to get the camera... they follow you.... SIGH
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge