Author Topic: New Person - Newfoundland PUP  (Read 10417 times)

Lyn

Re: New Person - Newfoundland PUP
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 01:17:37 pm »
Awww, He's adorable! Welcome to BPO!  :)

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 03:18:03 pm »
He is so cute.  I can almost smell his puppy breath.  Welcome to the board.  I am mom to my female newf, Joy, female irish wolfhound, Amy, and male rottweiler, Tiny.  we also have three cats and six kittens who live outside or the dogs would go crazy.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 04:20:23 pm »
OMG!  he's just the cutest thing!  I love the picture of him on laying on his back.  I thought my dopey Newf was the only one who did that.  Even now at 8 months old, it's her favorite position to lay in!

I WANT TO SEE MORE!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 04:44:22 pm »
I swear my next dog is going to be a newf. Actaullt I love all big paws!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 05:25:08 pm »
Oh my goodness, he's adorable!  You're lucky you're all the way over there in Europe or you'd have to fend off all these BPOers from wanting to kidnapp him!  I miyself, might make that trip!  lol ;D
Naja sleeps on her back like that too, you wouldn't think it was comfortable, but it's her favorite position to sleep in!
BTW welcome to the board!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline MandyL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 07:35:53 pm »
Cheers guys, I thought it was a lil strange, the back thing but he does it all the time so I'm assuming it's to cool down. I don't see how he'd be warm though when were froze with the door open all the time.

I still think it's funny but also embarrassing when he's falls asleep with freiends round. They think he's cute but the right way up if ya get me :-).

At what point should I expect him to be wanting to chase the girls? He still squats to pee so I think I'm safe at the mo.

Offline MandyL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 07:39:33 pm »
He's lovely makes you laugh looking at it. I love the lil tongue peeking out
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 08:30:04 pm by MandyL »

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 08:39:28 pm »
Welcome to BPO!   

You will meet lots of wonderful people here on BPO who are very kind and super helpful!  Plus the added bonus of seeing lots of pictures of beautiful pups! 

We feed our Newfies Solid Gold lamb & rice, they seem to love it plus our big Newf Klondike has allergies, & this food has worked wonders for him. 

Welcome aboard & keep on posting pics of your adorable pup!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline MandyL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 04:58:10 pm »
There gorgeous. With Newfie's is there anything particular I should be watching out for?? When allergies and things are mentioned, Tyke seems healthy, happy, fine etc but is there anything I could be spotting before a Vet visit.

I've no kids, Tyke is my baby so he's reg inspected head to toe :-)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 03:27:09 am »
Hi! 
I'm Eiren, mom of Fumble, and his Auntie Stacy (My twin sister) will post under my name too. 

What a cutie pie you've got there!  oh how i miss the newfie puppy fur!  hehe! 

Fumble barks sometimes when he wants something, usually it's to go out, so i'm happy about that one!  Typically it's all training with the yapping at you.  Poor Stacy will be sittiing doing something and fumble will just come up and bark at her until she pets him!  lol. he's entered the epitomy of the "terrible twos" and has thrown out everything he learneD!  There are dvds you can order from the internet for training classes... i actually bought one from a town right here in Massachusetts and it's pretty good.

Food Question, fumble is allergic to everything it seems! lol.  the vet told us because he's so big (175 lbs) that most food or seasonal allergies will come out through his skin/ear allergies instead of stomach problems. he's on Timberwolf Ocean Blue, but i guess they say that if you're  on the timberworlf foods you could rotate the different types or mix them together. But the ingredients are insane, things like apples, pears... the first bunch of ingredients are words you can actually read!  weird on any food (human or dog) lately. 

Good luck with your baby boy!  I don't remember my life before Fumble, he's just such a HUGE part of our lives! and Welcome to BPO.  When I first got him, i was a little clueless, especially when allergies began to flare up.  So i came here, and have been stuck ever since.  I've been busy lately so haven't had a chance to post much, but stacy checks regularly... but i do miss my BPO time! 
That picture of your baby on his back was ADORABLE!  Fumbs does the same thing. Every morning i wake up and he's on his back with paws in the air!

"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 01:35:13 pm »
Hello and welcome!  Your little (for now) Tyke is adorable.

I can't help with the newfie questions as I don't have one.  Love your pup's pix, he is adorable!

My name is Chris, and my crew consists of keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.

Offline MandyL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 10:08:10 am »
Cheers Guys.

In the last 2 weeks he's become more calm which is weird but nice given the hyperactivity of late :-). Perhaps the change of food to lower protein done the trick, plus he's just got 2 fang teeth to fall out at the bottom so nipping not so much either. Is havain all his new teeth not 2 early? He'll be 6mths next wed. He looks bigger so curious so see what he's gained in the month.

Still don't notice anything wrong with him allergy wise, the odd time he does go to scratch the ears but they don't look very dirty but should I be putting something into them?

Tyke's my first dog and I'm very green but I know he's looked after well but I just don't want to miss something obv either.

People say not to let him jump as it could develope problems but when he's playing he's like a ninja, very flexiable and pounds around the place like a tiger so to a point what can I do.

Oh, finally...I think, he still thinks brushing him is a game and unless he's tired I've to bribe him with a treat in my hand while racing over him with the other, will he eventually enjoy this?

Nicole

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 11:58:36 am »
Just wanted to say that your pup is CUUUUUTE!

As far as the brushing goes, DEFINITELY do it when he's too tired too fight it. Pretty much anything you want to densensitize him to should be done when he's too tired to fight it. That way, he'll get used to it without a fight, so even when he's not tired, he'll already know what's going on. Also, giving him a treat is good. Start slowly, just a few strokes at a time, always when he's well exercised.

Good luck!