BPO Training Forum > Behavior, Housebreaking, Obedience

Training Snobs Rant

<< < (2/2)

lookingfornewf:

--- Quote from: ZooCrew on March 24, 2009, 03:46:27 pm ---Some people just like to think they are better than others just b/c they can get away with it.

Granted, not all Petsmart trainers are great.  But I know a few myself (after working in 2 stores) and although their style is not for me (I really dislike clickers they drive me crazy!!) they do know their dogs.  Did I like them all?  No, but I liked the ones that had been around long enough to know a thing or two.  ;)

--- End quote ---
They didn't use clickers at our petsmart class. I know they work for some people, but they drive me crazy too.

maxsmom:
I don't like the training methods used at our local Petsmart.  I have almost come to blows with one of the trainers, just from walking my dog through the store and her telling me what was wrong with my dog.  "He shouldn't be allowed to sniff the counters.  You have no control over him."  Max was a 5 month old puppy, at the time.  I was only trying to socialize him some and if he wanted to sniff the counters, fine. I do my training at home.  I don't do formal anything with my dogs.  They learn what I need them to know.  You know important things like;  Foot means get your big paw off of mine, Excuse me means you are laying in front of the refrigerator and I can't even reach the door, let alone open it so move, Still means I am stepping over you so don't choose this moment to get up, Guard means there is food on the kitchen counter, table, stove, whatever I am pointing at and ChiChi is to keep Max away from it, Company means ChiChi is to go into the bathroom so I can shut the door and let whoever is at the door in. 
Congratulation s on not losing your cool, when the idiot ran her mouth.  I would have.
Kathy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version