Author Topic: How many is too many?  (Read 7685 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: How many is too many?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 11:47:52 am »
hahahaha those pics are too funny, he looks like he just cant wait to get away from the camera. He does seem a lot more perky when the other dogs come to rescue him though.

Marit

Ps. he is sticking his tongue out to you, and I am sure that was not a mistake lol....

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 12:11:41 pm »
Good Lord this dog HATES to have his picture taken.  It's a massive pain in the butt to get any shots of him.  As for his tongue, he's always been big on the whole raspberry thing.

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 04:55:18 pm »
Well for space my limit is 3 dogs, 2 cats and a fish (though I'm sure I could care for more fish!)
If I lived in the country and have lots of land I would probably get another dog and another cat at least. I don't worry about having enough time cause I'm almost always home and I never run out of love! One may get more attention today, but the others will get it tomorrow. It all works out. The girls have no problem asking for attention when they need it. Finn doesn't really so I make it a point to love on him.
So I guess I would say 3 or 4 depending on the dogs. If they are really independant you could probably have more, but if they're needy then only 3.

Vicki

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 06:29:28 pm »
We have 5 dogs thats the limit.The hounds are very needy and want to petted and loved on more than the others.The Siberians are less needy and the Pointer Cross is very independant. We have enough love and attention to go around. As for the food, we raise angel fish and have a arrangement with the pet store. We trade fish for dog food. It works out well.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Alanna

• Gnawer
  • Teddy the Afghan (mix?) pup
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 10:38:58 pm »
We have 4 dogs at the moment - 5 until May when our Alpha crossed the Rainbow Bridge, and have had as many as 6 with occassional foster.  I think it really depends on the mix of dogs....the 5 'residents' did just fine, but they're very low key dogs (insert couch potatoes).  If the foster dog was a high energy dog or a young dog, it seemed like there were dogs everywhere!
Alanna,
with Tookie(collie x)
Buck(Great Dane x)
Sam(Rottweiler x)
Delila(Great Pyrenees/Border Collie)
Jake (foster Bully Dog)
Teddy (Afghan pup)
and Greyhounds Snap and Panda, over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 07:38:57 am »
I think that two would be the limit for me. I couldn't fit more than two big dogs in our car and I couldn't walk more than two at a time, so for me that would be the limiting factor. I can only take so many dog walks a day and if I had to choose who could come on a walk with me or to the pet store that wouldn't be fair.

My family has cats and I think that you can deffinately have more cats then dogs because dogs are much more high maintenance. But my SO hates cats, so it looks like 2 dogs will continue to be my cap on pets.
RIP former BPO