Author Topic: Joke's on me.  (Read 3377 times)

lins_saving_grace

Joke's on me.
« on: July 13, 2006, 12:52:15 pm »
I feel really stupid.    :-\
Last night at around 6:30 we lost power for about 2 hours.  I thought a breaker had tripped and Lady and Grace were bouncing around of course.  I wanted to run downstairs and look see before I called the power company.  This meant getting them out of my hair for a few minutes.  So what did I do?  I opened the front door and let them outside where they usually go when I need them out of my hair.

HELLO!!!!?? Lin??  The power is off.  SO IS THE INVISIBLE FENCE.  They didn't know and all is well that ends well, huh?

doggylover

Re: Joke's on me.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:54:23 pm »
I feel really stupid.    :-\
Last night at around 6:30 we lost power for about 2 hours.  I thought a breaker had tripped and Lady and Grace were bouncing around of course.  I wanted to run downstairs and look see before I called the power company.  This meant getting them out of my hair for a few minutes.  So what did I do?  I opened the front door and let them outside where they usually go when I need them out of my hair.

HELLO!!!!?? Lin??  The power is off.  SO IS THE INVISIBLE FENCE.  They didn't know and all is well that ends well, huh?
AHAHAHAHA I am SO glad the head of the witch hunt committee didn't happen to be stolling by eating a steak at that very moment!  LOLOL
It's a good thing the girls don't know the ins and outs of electricity!
:)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 12:55:50 pm »
I know...they would have FREEEEEEKED! 
I think it's habit for them to just stop at that spot in the grass at the edge of the fence that makes the collars beep...you know...the spot that's all worn and sunken?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:57:05 pm »
Oh Lin!  That totally sounds like something I would do!!!  We all have those blonde moments, huh?  :D
:)  It's a habit.  And I only have blonde roots.  :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 01:03:15 pm »
Oh Lin - that is hysterical.... I so would have done the exact same thing! And ohhhhhh your girls are the best.... so well behaved and so smart!  You can tell that to the witch hunters!  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 01:06:25 pm »
Oh Lin - that is hysterical.... I so would have done the exact same thing! And ohhhhhh your girls are the best.... so well behaved and so smart!  You can tell that to the witch hunters!  :)

:)  They are...thank you!

OH AND!!!  We walked while the power was out...no TV nothing so...people were out and everything. 
This lady and her 2 bite sized little kids were with her.  I made Lady and Grace sit and stay while they passed us and I told the mom that we were practicing our manners.  She smiled and veered off the road into her lawn...but they didn't lunge.  they did have an issue with Cash the dog.  None of the other barking dogs made us bounce and bob like Cash, who must be "Calling them out" with a different bark or something.  His mommy finally saw us flailing in the road and came around the house calling "Cash" stop that.