Author Topic: Pet Photography  (Read 2384 times)

Offline petography

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Doherty Digital Photography
Pet Photography
« on: April 24, 2005, 07:41:42 pm »
I am new to this board and wanted to introduce myself.  I am a Boston photographer who specializes in pet photography and their human companions.  I am the owner of an 8year Norweigen Elkhound and a 4month puppy-an akita/lab mix.  If you would like information on how to schedule a photo shoot for your dog, just drop me an email.
Sheila

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Photography
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:05:18 pm »
What a cool job! How did you decide to make a specialty out of photographing dogs and humans together? I would love to get my pic taken professionally with my dog but with living in CA, I think it would be a little hard to schedule.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline petography

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Doherty Digital Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 09:19:05 pm »
Hi guys-I would LOVE to photograph Bear-looks like a big baby.  Where are you in Ca?  I am out there once in a while and could possibly meet with you.  I have traveled for clients before and what they usually do to make it worth my time is to get other owners who want a shoot to join them and I can do several shoots in one day. lets talk about this more?  Sheila
Sheila

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re:We Wish you where in N,Y, we would be at Your DooR!Knock!Knock!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 04:14:07 pm »
 ;)molly and maggie love having there pic taking had done once and will do it for chrism!!to ;Dto  :oas long as my honey come's going though the mall love mollyand maggie!! :-* :-* :-*
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 04:31:28 pm »
What a cool job!  Wish I worked with dogs instead of TURKEYS! ;D ;D ;D
My wife used to do some photography (many years ago) at one of those kiosk deals in the mall, but she got fired because she let people bring their pets in to be photographed, and the Big Cheese didn't like that.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:33:18 pm »
How cool.  I'm in NH and work for a photography company that also does pet photography.  We deal with schook kids too but we find that the dogs bite far less.  ;)
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 09:53:07 pm »
Very cool job.  I'm sure you get to meet a lot of interesting people and animals!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 10:13:02 pm »
Welcome to Big Paws! I'm sure you must have lots of gorgeous pictures of your pooches so let's see them!!!
I am an animal portrait artist, so I end up being a "photographer" on occasion as well. It is great fun, but I always seem to forget my squeaky toy so I end up making a bunch of ridiculous noises to try to get the dog's attention! :D Do you do any work in studio or do you mostly work on location?

I have Nigel, Zoot and Mokey. They are the lovely non-purebreds you see in my avatar.  (And I haven't done a portrait of a single one of them... what's my problem?) ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 10:13:56 pm by doghealer »