Author Topic: Speaking of sleeping  (Read 3371 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Speaking of sleeping
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:55:45 am »
I was watching Niki sleep the other day and I have noticed this many times in the past, it is so much fun to watch.  Her eyes are closed.  Her feet start moving slowly, then faster than furiously.  Then she whelps lightly and then her mouth starts moving.  HaHa she must have been chasing a rabbit and then caught it.  So much fun to watch and try to figure out what her doggie brain is doing.  Wonder if I do that in my sleep - I can remember some pretty bad dreams but they did not have a rabbit it them.  Anybody else observe the same thing?

Peggy
Peggy

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of sleeping
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 11:08:45 am »
hehehe.  Sophie dreams everynight usually about an hour after she falls asleep...her feet move, she does the muffled barking and her lips are flapping.  Its soooo funny.  I think she dreams about chasing cats.     ;D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:12:28 am »
Ranger and Gwen both twitch and moan and move their mouths around and do the running-feet thing.  Ranger can get really loud when he is dreaming...  Sometimes it seems like it is a good dream, and sometimes it seems like it is a bad dream. 

The strangest dream thing I ever saw was with Cabo.  It was in the middle of the night and I was asleep. I was woken up very suddenly by the sound of Cabo loudly HOWLING, which he had NEVER done before.  It scared me to death, and I sat up and flipped the light on to find him laying by the bed, sound asleep and howling up a storm...  Maybe he was dreaming he was a wolf!  ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 11:15:15 am »
Oh yeah.  Lady looks like she's chasing a Mack truck sometimes. 

Grace just barks and wiggles still. 

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 02:50:59 pm »
Puck does it all in his sleep. Snore,fart,kick,whine, howel etc. ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 02:55:33 pm »
you gotta love those sleep farts.  Like no other kind.  they don't hold back on those.  :)

Excuse you Puck.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 04:04:27 pm »
Rocko sleeps under our bed and one night he started dreaming with muffled barking and whining. We were lying in bed quietly laughing at him, then all of a sudden he let out a big bark and must have scared himself awake 'cause he cracked his head on the bottom of the bed. It made both of us jump, but it was hilarious!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 06:11:54 pm »
Zoey moves her legs and sometimes makes noises in hersleep. When she whimpers or barks I usually say her name because it wakes her up for a split second and I am afraid she is having a bad dream.
RIP former BPO

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 06:14:50 pm »
I love watching Leo dream.  He runs and woofs and makes all kinds of noises.  It amazes me he doesn't wake himself up.  Sometimes Solo will howl in his sleep.  FREAKY!  I've been told that Newfoundlands only howl when an important Newfoundland dog has died.  It's such a sad and soulful sound.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 11:14:34 pm »
haha we do not have any people farts in our home, they are just blamed on the sleeping dog.
Peggy