Author Topic: Anyone have an animal proof couch?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Anyone have an animal proof couch?
« on: October 29, 2006, 01:18:12 pm »
We want to get a new couch, but need something that will hold up to the dogs.  We have a leather one now and it has held up great but I was hoping to get fabric.  However, we had to get rid of the last loveseat we bought after less than 6 months b/c the fabric was filthy and falling apart.  Anyone know of some type of really sturdy fabric that can be cleaned easily?
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

bigdogs@5501

Re: Anyone have an animal proof couch?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 01:22:43 pm »
Denim seems to have held up fairly well for us (until one of the Pyrs decided to chew on it --- grrr) also look for a sofa that you can easily zip the covers off of and wash in the washer. I use to see the denim couches in several colors but we have not shopped for a new sofa in several years.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 02:17:46 pm »
We have a microfiber couch with scotchgaurd. It hold up pretty well from tearing, and the scotchguard protects it from staining. Andf if you buy it at a good place, you can get a warranty on the scotchguarding so that if it does stain they either send you special cleaner or send a person to your house to clean it.
RIP former BPO

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:13:23 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have Lazy Boy as well whick is covered with a down cover and i was that often. I also have a leather couch which no dogs are allowed on ! They all know it to that mommys couch only. It was made in Canada i picked the swatch of color i wanted and waited 2 months for it to be made .It was a Valentines Gift and i m single now so i know i will not be getting another one anytime soon! Marina
[/font]
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats