Great Pyrenees > Great Pyrenees Discussions

My dog was murdered last weekend

<< < (2/5) > >>

Pyrlove:
People who live in rural area don't take enough of responsibility to confine dogs and we all know that. Just like Trucker said "At least it was a dog killed and not child" shows how much he cares. The house HAS to be puppy/child proof. Puppy/dog/child can get easily hurt if WE don't take responsibility to confine them or watch them.
Why did you have a long line IF you have a fence? Was the fence not safe? Was it not secured?
Knowing the breed I can tell you that these dogs can not be taken for granted...they need GOOD fencing!!!
Also, these dogs don't need much exercise so there is no excuse letting them free as simple walk will do  :-\

truckerdave:
"Loose" means tied up so he wouldn't eat the chickens or the pet deer. We have underground fence but a big angry determined dog with thick hair can run right through one. The pit bull has ran through it several times without caring if it got shocked or not, if there was something on the other side of the fence it wanted. We had been keeping him tied up because he killed 24 chickens in 10 minutes which has to be some kind of record. In his short life he killed 30 chickens, mauled a goat, chewed up a motorcycle helmet,numerous dog food bowls, and a pair of glasses, bit a pig, attacked a stray hound dog and completely destroyed a dog pen and dog house we tried to keep him in. I should have named him Destructo-dog. In his better moments he was basically a good dog, despite his wolf heritage.

truckerdave:
Just like Trucker said "At least it was a dog killed and not child" shows how much he cares.

So would it have been better if they had killed one of the neighbors small children to bring attention to the speeding problem? I didn't mean it to sound like i didn't care about the dog. I'm still mad about someone killing my dog on purpose.

samsmom:

--- Quote from: Pyrlove on August 28, 2009, 06:33:11 pm ---People who live in rural area don't take enough of responsibility to confine dogs and we all know that. Just like Trucker said "At least it was a dog killed and not child" shows how much he cares. The house HAS to be puppy/child proof. Puppy/dog/child can get easily hurt if WE don't take responsibility to confine them or watch them.
Why did you have a long line IF you have a fence? Was the fence not safe? Was it not secured?
Knowing the breed I can tell you that these dogs can not be taken for granted...they need GOOD fencing!!!
Also, these dogs don't need much exercise so there is no excuse letting them free as simple walk will do  :-\

--- End quote ---

I had a long line in addition to the fence because Sam was deaf. I have a brand new 6ft chain link fence surrounding my property. I do not live in the country I live in an regular neighborhood. Sam, got walked every morning and eve. Rain, snow or what ever. For at least 45 min to an hour. We went to the forest and the lake at least 2 x's a week and he was always on leash. It was an accident that I hope that never happens to anyone. He never showed any inclination to roam but it happened. That one moment of inattention, that cost my puppy his life. That I do have to live with. But it was not because I did not care or spend the time or money to be as safe as humanly possible.  I'm sorry that you do not understand that, and I hope you never make any mistakes that causes someone you don't know, to make a harsh judgements about you. That is all I have to say on the matter.

Chris

Pyrlove:
I am sorry, but I would never leave DEAF dog unattended EVER!
I see you are from OH and Ohio is one of the worst area for rescue Pyrs. I am not saying you didn't love your dog but the whole situation sound shady...line/fence/escape
Where did you get your dog anyway? He doesn't look like from a good breeding 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version