Alaskan Malamutes > Alaskan Malamute Discussions

Things to do in summer months

(1/3) > >>

LuvmyMal:
Are you guys having a hard time this summer keeping you dogs busy? We went hiking last weekend and swimming yesterday. It has been so hard since the humidity here has been horrible. Tonka like swimming in the lake until the waves came then she was done. We can't walk until late at night or early in the morning due to the heat and humidity. Any suggestions?

mamadog:
I have the same issue. I don't want to take them in the car if it's too hot, nor do I want to take them for a run in the park if it's too hot..so we end up sitting inside in the AC house...I don't have AC in the car:(  They are bored!!! I'd love to hear the suggestions too.

Vicki

shangrila:
We have a hard time with the heat too. The other day I took Zoey to a dog park I found in the area and I thought she would have so much fun.... But less than 10 minutes after we got their she was already panting, slurping up water, and lounging around in the shade. It's frustrating because I want to take her out fun places, but pretty much all of the options involve the outdoors which is just too hot.

LuvmyMal:
Even in the mountains it is too hot and we leave early in the morning before it is suppose to be the hottest part of the day. She has a pool, but as soon as she gets out of water her coat is pretty much dry and panting all over again. I want to see some SNOW!

jabear:
If you want snow go the most northern part of CA. and off road it to the snow..although it still isn't cold there. We have the same issue with Bear and all I can add is water, water and water. We will hike and take long walks as long as there is a source of water that Bear can either swim in or be hosed off by. Summers are yucky everywhere I think.

By the way, where did you get your backpack for Tonka? We need a new one for Bear and are busy searching. Prime camping/hiking season here is in the fall/early winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version