Author Topic: Just Call Me Ms. Moneybags!!!!  (Read 6583 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Just Call Me Ms. Moneybags!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 01:09:16 am »
I am going to something awesome!!! not sure what yet!!!  But it sure is neat to know I can.  Actually it comes at such a great time.  Have been off work for 2 months for knee surgery and have run out of sick time..so just the little cushion in the bank is nice.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 10:06:59 am »
That is so awesome :o
I'm really happy for you. Especially at a time it is so needed.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 05:14:17 pm »
Wow, Congratulation s!  What a "lucky break"! ;D

Jessica and Sasha

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 06:26:03 pm »
OOOOhhh, congratulation s! That is so exciting! I would be so happy if I won that much - it would be so nice to have 10k less debt.

As a side note, what kind of knee surgery have you been out of work for? I had a tear in my knee cartilage repaired a few years ago.
RIP former BPO

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 06:47:10 pm »
That is the coolest!! I bet all those dopes who sit there and play the slots all day long are sooooo jealous!! I'm rubbing your avatar for luck! Maybe some of it will rub off on me.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 08:55:53 pm »
Yes - everyone was very jealous but also happy..it is nice to know that you can actually win sometimes....

I had a tattered meniscus and the hard cartlidge on the surface of the lower leg (tibis) bone is not hard and not on the bone any more...so I have to wear a brace and my ortho strongly suggests I get out of hospital nursing or I am headed for knee replacemnet and I am not even 40 yet - pretty scarey!!!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 09:17:28 pm »
Too bad about your knee.  My doc said the same thing when I was in 6th grade.  If I continued playing basketball, by the time I graduated high school, I would need both knees replaced.  I stopped playing in 9th grade, not by choice.  Doesn't stop me though from playing softball or volleyball.  They still bother me on occasion, but I'm hoping to put off surgery for at least a few more years.  I'm 10 yrs past when they though I would need surgery, so I think I'm doing okay.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 10:49:11 pm »
They fitted me for the brace this last week..i was kind of depressed..I am a person who likes to do everything myself and to be told I will need to look for a new job - although I hate it.... but it was a little depressing but I am good now.  Surprisingly enough my depression ended the day I won the 10 grand.