Author Topic: No More Hotseat Thread  (Read 22922 times)

DakotaMom

Re: No More Hotseat Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2006, 01:15:55 pm »
I am also voting for a two week trial run for Ronda.

doggylover

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2006, 03:07:07 pm »
NO WAY am I doint two weeks.  One week is one thing.  I'm coming UP from 3 days.  Two weeks is OUT of the question. 
 >:( :D

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2006, 03:08:52 pm »
Oh, now that's not very rational, is it?!  :D
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2006, 03:11:14 pm »
Oh, now that's not very rational, is it?!  :D
have you been on the hotseat?

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 03:13:18 pm »
Not yet, no. But it won't bother me. They're just questions! Not the boogy man! Now THAT'S scary.
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2006, 03:15:15 pm »
Not yet, no. But it won't bother me. They're just questions! Not the boogy man! Now THAT'S scary.
YOU ARE AFTER ME!

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 03:19:38 pm »
But it's for your own good!  ;D We must all help you overcome your fear of giving out harmless information about yourself. As one who is interested shamelessly in the field of psychology, I'd say the best treatment to put an end to this phobia of yours is 2 full weeks on the hotseat.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:23:45 pm by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

SA_horses

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 03:29:17 pm »
Surely I am not the only one here thinking that Mrs. Doggylover would somewhat enjoy the "hotseat" under normal circumstances?  I can think of no other reason for making such a fuss about it.  ;)

Of course there is this evidence too:

LOLOLOLOL OMG Liz, the part of me that isn't crying with laughter is horrified that you thought this was serious enough to warrant spending your valuable time doing this voting poll.  There wasn't even 1% of seriousness in that thread.  I understand the whole reason for the hotseat, and I actually think it's a wonderful way for people to have fun while getting to know eachother.  When I said it was so 'yesterday' I was totally KIDDING! 
LOLOL I forget how much of a person's emotional intent can get lost on the internet.  The original and consistant intent of that entire thread was to poke at Mel, because not only did I 'throw her under the hotseat bus' to avoid being in it myself, I then went back and forth all night with trying to convince her I would get it eliminated (before she could stick me in it) in IM's, and hitting HER with Hotseat questions so she would really get steamed up! 
It was all the fun antics of a couple of bored insomniacs looking for some humor.

VIVE LA HOTSEAT!!!!
Oh I do have an idea though, maybe just this one time, since there was so much hubbaloo and there is no way I could recieve a fair 'trial' in determining the next hotseat victim, we should ALL pick the next person (by ALL I mean everyone who doesn't come on the board but once in 4 months and hasn't read these threads!)
I WANT A JURY OF UNINFORMED PEERS!

(See here to read in context.)

However, I do think it only fair to limit it to one week, the same amount of time as everyone else on the "hotseat" has endured and/or enjoyed.  I tend to think that she will be having more questions than usual as it is, primarily because of the attention she has called to herself.

JMO.

Sofia

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2006, 03:33:22 pm »
The point of the hot seat is fun and part of the fun is to hate it! We all call attention to hating it once we're under the "threat" of being chosen. Course only the fun, loud people are usually chosen. lol
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

doggylover

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 03:33:45 pm »
Sophia, I am going to assume that you are BEGGING me to put you on the hotseat next.  I WAS going to have it be 'saint and mal mom' but I think she would understand that you really needed some hot seat loving. 
I will also assume that you are only being funny, and playful and that you really don't think you have to call me Mrs. Doggylover anymore, although if you do think that, and are willing to call me whatever I like, I would prefer Mrs. Doggylover on High. 
I am having fun with this whole thing but no, actually I would prefer to not be on the hotseat.  I am nothing if not generally honest, so you can believe me or not...
 ;) :D

SA_horses

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 03:38:55 pm »
I am nothing if not generally honest, so you can believe me or not...

Okay, Mrs. Doggylover on High.  ;)  I thought that maybe you were half joking, especially after seeing that post.

Sofia

doggylover

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2006, 03:40:40 pm »
I am nothing if not generally honest, so you can believe me or not...

Okay, Mrs. Doggylover on High.  ;)  I thought that maybe you were half joking, especially after seeing that post.

Sofia
LOLOL I am 100% serious that I am a little cringy about being on the hotseat; if I could choose, I would not be on it, I prefer to spread my info more thinly, in small doses.  I am 100% kidding about changing the hotseat.  I think its great, and of COURSE it shouldn't be changed for ME. 
 :D

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 04:02:54 pm »
I think it should be changed for YOU.  To TWO weeks. :)

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2006, 07:32:19 am »
That was ONE person.  Surely there are nice people on here who would NEVER dream of using coersion to extract information out of members of our BPO family!
:: crosses Zanie off Christmas list::

*pouts*

You know you can't resist me,Ronda!  I won't be dissuaded that easily!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2006, 07:51:04 am »
Ohhhh DoggyLover... what do you have to hide... eh? ;) :D

I was on the Hot Seat... I have nothing to hide... and beside... noobody in this group is near to me for me to woory about .