Author Topic: Oh girls, Be careful what you wish for!  (Read 3915 times)

Nicole

Oh girls, Be careful what you wish for!
« on: June 16, 2005, 07:52:08 pm »
Wow. So all this talk about a puppy....So, we're outside barbequing a few minutes ago...still are, actually, I just HAD to come and tell everyone about this...and this young kid walks by with a VERY young pit bull puppy. He's like, "Does anyone want this puppy? I can't take care of her." She's MAYBE 5 weeks old. So, of course we say yes. Pit Bull fighting is a HUGE HUGE HUGE problem in the black community here. I mean...its REALLY bad here. I've had tenants call me before because they found mauled pit bodies in their yards and stuff...its BAAAAAAAAAAAAA AD.

Anyway........ .....so, now, I"ve got this little Pit puppy. CUTE. I'll go take a pic and show you. I don't know if I'll keep her....boyfrie nd says NO right off the bat....but, you guys will appreciate the puppy picture anyway!!!

If anyone wants a Pit puppy.....let me know!!! heehhe!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Oh girls, Be careful what you wish for!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 09:05:53 pm »
A pit bull huh? Not quite the Newf fluff ball you wished for but it is a puppy. Enjoy it while you can!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 09:30:33 pm »
Nope. She's just gone to see a potential mama. Hope it works out! I'll post the pics tomorrow...my camera's batteries died!!!! I'm holdin' out for the Little Landseer!!!!!!!!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 12:14:20 pm »
Nicole - You are quite the little doggie hero!!!   ;D

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 12:16:54 pm »
Thanks, Doherty...

Well, I guess the potential mama wasn't interested, so she's back home with my boyfriend today. He's being really cute...he's like, calling me every few minutes, "How wet should her food be?" "Should I praise her when she poops in the house?" (AAGH! NO ONLY OUTSIDE, DUMMY!) But, he's being really cute!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 12:18:51 pm »
How many of us haven't done the same thing?  I have when someone who lived upstairs from me years ago mistreated their Cocker Spaniel puppy.  I took him into my apartment at the time and when they came looking for it I said no...you can't have your dog back.  No one argued with me so I found him a really good home on a farm. 

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 12:21:42 pm »
Yep. When your duty calls, you have to step up.