Author Topic: I should not be allowed to have dogs!!! ) :  (Read 8192 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: I should not be allowed to have dogs!!! ) :
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 12:07:52 pm »
Thanks everyone!...I checked it this morning & I could  hardly see that I did it...& Sam showed no sign that it bothered him that I was messing with his ear...I am relieved...I caught his quick twice when I trimmed his nails & it is a battle to trim nails anymore with him...I still can't believe that I caught his skin though...I thought I was being so careful...The lady who brought the Pyr in with 5 cuts that had to be sutured???...OMG!...Why didn't she stop after the 1st one :'(...That is terrible!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 12:57:59 pm »
The lady who brought the Pyr in with 5 cuts that had to be sutured???...OMG!...Why didn't she stop after the 1st one ...That is terrible!

Thats what we were wondering....
Another person brought in a chow that he ran over with a riding lawnmower. He said I thought he would move and then it was to late to turn the mower.DUH ???
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 01:09:47 pm »
The lady who brought the Pyr in with 5 cuts that had to be sutured???...OMG!...Why didn't she stop after the 1st one ...That is terrible!

Thats what we were wondering....
Another person brought in a chow that he ran over with a riding lawnmower. He said I thought he would move and then it was to late to turn the mower.DUH ???
O.k...I am not only feeling better now...I am feeling like a superior doggy mama ;D....WTH is wrong with people :-\ >:( :(...Next time I try to clip Sam's nails I am going to refer to this thread to let him know how it could be. :D Ty everyone!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 02:48:39 pm »
When I first got Kylie she was already a year old , we didn't know eachother too well and I wanted to groom her . I started the clippers up and went to do her head first , she was so scared ,I felt aweful but really wanted to get it done ,I kept telling her what a good girl she was being , etc ... went to gently clip her ear .... Next thing I know she yelps , takes off and hides under the bed . I got her out and saw I had cut her ear !!! I felt absolutely aweful ! Took her quite a while to trust me after that !  :(
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 05:24:21 pm »
Once I was grooming Cabo on the front porch, and I was using, among other tools, one of those "rake" type brushes that pulls out the undercoat with the steel teeth.  I laid it down on the porch, tines up and forgot about it until Cabo stepped on it.  He hopped around the yard, yelping, (for what was probably about 6 seconds, but felt like it was several days), with it hanging out of his foot. It even bled a little.  Needless to say, I felt like crap.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 05:42:10 am »
I slammed Buddy's tail in the car door. Of course I felt TERRIBLE. He knows I'm a sucker, and he knew immediately that this was something he could really milk for awhile. A big old doofus yelping like a little puppy was more than this mama could take! This display got him a cheeseburger and about 24 hours of pure pampering. Next time he got in the car, he left his tail hanging out like it was on purpose. He's either a lot smarter or a lot dumber than I thought.

;D
Holly

Holly...that's too cute!  I was also going to share my tail in the car door story.  I slammed the door shut on the very tip of my first fella's (Rufus) tail.  It actually kinked it permanently.  The vet said it wasn't painful to him (although I can't imagine it wasn't).  He wasn't as smart as Buddy though .... I can just imagine Buddy milking that for all it was worth!!!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 09:59:41 am »
Well last night I slightly rolled the power window on my truck up on Sam's head...I was getting out & thought he had enough room to keep his head out while I ran in the store...He did have enough room to keep it out but not to get it back in which he let me know immediatly & I immediatly fixed the problem but he freaked!...Now there was no preasure put on his head or neck he just couldn't pull his head back in...The only saving grace here is that I am pretty sure he can't equate the bad window getting him with my working the switch from the front...For the love of God someone should take these poor dogs from me! :-\ :D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 11:26:52 am »
I once shut Kali's tail feathers in the backdoor of my car.  She was throwing a hissy fit so I had to lunge into the back seat and across the car to open the door so she could get her feathers out!  I felt so bad.  And I cut one of Lacey's nails too short and felt awful about that cause I'm the only one she'll let cut them when before she had to be sedated.  Plus I tripped over Kali heading into the house and I ended up taking her with me.  We both got tangled in each other which freaked her out a bit.  Plus I've probably done other things too that I can't remember.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

doggylover

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 01:46:11 pm »
I once shut Kali's tail feathers in the backdoor of my car.  She was throwing a hissy fit so I had to lunge into the back seat and across the car to open the door so she could get her feathers out!  I felt so bad.  And I cut one of Lacey's nails too short and felt awful about that cause I'm the only one she'll let cut them when before she had to be sedated.  Plus I tripped over Kali heading into the house and I ended up taking her with me.  We both got tangled in each other which freaked her out a bit.  Plus I've probably done other things too that I can't remember.

LOLOLOL that is too funny, it's like some kind of no no list.  So matter of fact. I think we all feel a little better about our oops's after reading this thread!
 ;D