Dobermans > Doberman Discussions

What to do????

(1/3) > >>

Jaimie:
Here is my problem...  My 5 yr.old Dobie Ace is not a big fan of Tekke( our new addition).  Any suggestions on what I can do to help them become buddies?  I have only had Tekke for 2 1/2 weeks.  Tekke is 11 weeks old.  I never leave them alone together because I don't trust Ace with him.

nickerbokker:
cody was scared shi%$#ss of angus for about 2 months.  he didnt understand why the stuffed animal was alive and trying to cuddle with him.  if angus came near codys toys in any way shape or form, cody would growl at him.  and on christmas, cody bit a 8 week old angus on the head for walking by when he had his nylabone. 

i cried and cried, i didn't know what to do.  cody was being a butt head, and i didn't want the puppy to get eaten, but i didn't want to get rid of him becaus he already stole my heart.  so i waited it out.....i watched them like a hawk....whenev er they started to "play" i was stanging right there making sure things didn't get out of hand.  and then one day, they just fell in love.  now they are the best brothers in the world, and they HATE to be apart.  they snuggle, sit on eachother, share toys, share moms love...and are SOOO happy.

MY advice is to wait it out and watch them VERY carefully.  then again, that was just how it turned out with my boys so i dont know about you and yours!

BERST OF LUCK!

lins_saving_grace:
I wonder if adding a little dab of num nums like peanut butter flavored doggy cheeze whiz to Tekke's nose and Ace may end up thinking he likes the taste of the addition and therefore the rest of him may not be so bad.  If it tastes good it must be a good thing to have around.

nickerbokker:
LMAO...unless he eats the puppy!

Jaimie:
Oh Boy, I am thinking that Ace would eat him for sure then, he LOVES PB...lol

You have instantly made me feel better nicker, thanks so much.  Ace is also scared to death of him and when Tekke comes near him when he has a toy or food he growls at him.  Now Tekke has a little patch of missing hair on his forhead because Ace just snapped at him, like 10 mins. ago.  Ace has many male doggy friends so I hoping that this will pass, I don't want to have to give Tekke up, I am a little distraught over this :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version