Author Topic: house breaking---HELP  (Read 1471 times)

Offline BELLA ROSA

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
house breaking---HELP
« on: May 09, 2008, 07:32:13 am »
hi, i have a almost4 mo. old dogue de bordeaux. she's sweet but stubborn to say the least! i take her out, for feels like hours. we come in,i no sooner have her leash off and she's pooped!! put her in her crate and you got it--she's pooped. i feel like the worst puppy mom ever. so ant suggestions or help will be so appreciated. this is not my first puppy,but i've never had so much trouble. help. thanks dianelynn

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: house breaking---HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:49:43 am »
This isnt so much of advice as it is what happens in our house.  We have an older dog that Gunner(our OE/bull mastiff) follows around.  If she poos he goes behind her, smells and usually a short time later does the same.
Maybe she needs smell stimulation to go and do her business.
Also, do you have a fenced in yard?  Kira, our older pup, wouldnt poop on leash,  she had to be free to do her business without prying eyes...lol and im not kidding.  to this day if we are outside she will go on the side of the house where we cant see her!
Best of luck to you and your girlie.  When you have a chance, we would love to see some pictures of her.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:48:53 am »
hhahaha yea Buble is the same way. We were taking him out on the leash for awhile and he would never go poop so we finnally took him off and now he runs behind the bushes and sticks his head out as if saying "Some privacy PLEASE!"  then proceeds to do his buisness behind the bushes where you cant see him! ;D :D ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:51:53 am »
definatly praise and potty treats are key!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel