Author Topic: Dogs marking  (Read 1760 times)

Viking Lady

Dogs marking
« on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:21 pm »
I was trying to find a post from a week or so ago about dogs marking things. Couldn't find the one I remember.

Luke is lifting his leg in the house to pee. He is 9 months old now. I mentioned in the old post that he did that to the end of a bed that is an unused bedroom. Today he started to lift his leg upstairs in the livingroom but when I made a loud noise he stopped before he did anything. This afternoon I saw him pee outside and he didn't lift his leg, he squatted.

Is he peeing outside and marking inside?

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs marking
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:18:16 pm »
is he neutered? Neutered males dont tend to mark as much...
You can also get a belly band if he keeps it up. We had one for our bull terrier boy Zero. it helped.
he could squat to pee cause he "really had to go". its different with all dogs though .
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:33:42 pm »
No, he's not neutered. I was going to wait until the first of the year because he would be about a year old. I never had this happen with other big dogs. I guess they always stayed outside and I didn't notice. I did have the problem with a miniature pincher. He seemed to want to mark everything we brought into the house, even grocery bags, which I learned to put on the kitchen table!

lookingfornewf

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:32 am »
The post a week ago was from me about Clifford marking in Petsmart. Most people said neutering only had a small chance of helping. Except Petsmart, Clifford has never marked inside but he does outside on our walks. He is 14 months old now. He always lifts his leg to mark, just a quick small amount of pee. When  he pees in the yard he never lifts his leg, probably would get tired holding it up for so long :o ;D. There is a big difference in how much he marks to pee and a regular need to go pee. Is Luke marking or are you getting the big puddle?

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 06:36:45 am »
I think he's marking in the house. It was quick, but I also yelled at him so I can't swear to it.

He hasn't had an accident in the house for 5 months, and he's 9 months old.