Author Topic: A Chance to rate GG Rescue  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
A Chance to rate GG Rescue
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:13:12 pm »
(This message is posted on behalf of Deaf Dane Rescue by Barbara Laird, Gentle Giant News, www.gentlegian tnews.com)

Hey everyone, here's your chance to rate GG. Go to:

http://www.tribe.net/recommendation/Gentle-Giants-Rescue/79bced76-3333-4060-b2c6-c063141c1665

Click on the "Rate It" button. You'll have to join the "Tribe" but it is free. Once you've joined you'll be able to rate GG. Whether you want to sing their praises, or rip them a new one, please take the time to make your voice heard by rating them. We always allow them a chance to offer their side of the story here and on the various lists, message boards, and websites we manage, but we often do not have the chance to offer a counterpoint when/where they are promoted online. Whenever possible, we need to make sure that an honest and balanced view of their operation is offered anywhere they are promoted on the web. They and their supporters will have their say, and we need to make sure folks know there is another perspective and another side to the "story" as well. Be professional, be honest, and be fair, but get the word out anywhere you can. And let the list know if you find other places like this where people can share their views.

Marc Sayer
Journalist, Photographer, Dog Trainer (APDT member #062956)
Board member - Western States Great Dane Rescue Association
Director of Operations & Training - Deaf Dane Rescue Inc.
Springfield, OR USA

My Homepage - http://gracieland.org

Deaf Dane Rescue Homepage - http://gracieland.org/DaneRescue/

Offline sssusan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: A Chance to rate GG Rescue
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 08:40:08 pm »

I am not personally familiar with GG - I won't go there on principal because they have too many dogs advertised, too many breeds, and too many puppies. ... BUT, I am trying to "rescue" a dane here in California and every time I get a lead on  an available dog it seems that the Wards have gotten there first !!!   It's very very frustrating.    I have not spoken to ANYONE that has had one nice word to say about GG and yet they seem to get their hands on just about EVERY available dane around   :(

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
Re: A Chance to rate GG Rescue
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 08:55:29 pm »
If you are in the Southern California area, here are a few rescue groups you can call for a Great Dane...  None of these groups support GG.

San Diego County GD Rescue
email: dustilu@aol.com

Indian Dane
San Marcos, CA
Phone: 760-739-1450
Email: indiandane@aol.com

Wanda's Waifs GD Rescue
Lancaster area
Phone: (661) 269-5658 
E-mail: caldicotk9s@juno.com

San Gabriel Valley GD Rescue
Glendora, CA
(626) 963-0935
email: SGVGDR@earthlink.net
www.sgvgdr.com

Hopefully this might help you to adopt a Great Dane.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 08:56:54 pm by Svnt4God »