Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1471 times)

Offline virgo22

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Help!
« on: June 26, 2006, 10:03:27 pm »
We have a 2 yr old English Springer Spaniel that we adore.  However, between occasionally dribbling urine or anal sack leakage my drycleaning bill for our comforters is ski rocketing!  I'm unsure if these things are health related or perhaps a personality situation...?  We will be sitting watching TV on the couch and then moments later her entire back end is soaking wet.  She has not been doing anything but sleeping...any suggestions what may be wrong are appreciated.

Thanks!

doggylover

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 10:23:08 pm »
We have a 2 yr old English Springer Spaniel that we adore.  However, between occasionally dribbling urine or anal sack leakage my drycleaning bill for our comforters is ski rocketing!  I'm unsure if these things are health related or perhaps a personality situation...?  We will be sitting watching TV on the couch and then moments later her entire back end is soaking wet.  She has not been doing anything but sleeping...any suggestions what may be wrong are appreciated.

Thanks!
I think I would take her to the vet and have them express her glands very regularly, and check her for UTI or something else medical that might be causing this. 
Our dog has gland 'issues' and it is REPULSIVELY STINKY, I feel your pain..

Offline virgo22

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 04:47:56 am »
Thanks.  She does get her anal glands expressed regularly.  The urine leakage is a new one...I think it may be nerves or behavorial but I am still going to take her to the vet for a UTI check.  Is that a boxer in your photo?  We just got one last week 10 weeks old, we've named her Ruby since our springers name is Jade.  Lots of precious gems in this house :-)

Again, thank you for the suggestion, stay tuned and I'll reply our findings.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:02:00 am »
My 2 1/2 year old Dobie mix and coincidentally my roomie's adult yellow lab both have what we call a  "leaky cha-cha." The vet says it is not uncommon in females. It basically translates to weak bladder muscles, thus causing incontinence. Ellie (my dobie) and Ginger (lab) are both on DES (I think). They get a pill once a week and it has worked beautifully.

Also, Ellie has also had problems with UTI's (though thankfully not in a long time)... and would leave wet spots on the bed, etc.

Please let us know what the vet says about your girl.