Author Topic: need advice from all you pregnant BPO'ers  (Read 4818 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
need advice from all you pregnant BPO'ers
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:32:14 am »
esp those with multiple children.  my first two pregnancies were great.  no discomfort, etc, until the last week or so.  well, not this time.  up until now it's been great.  heck, it's been so easy i didn't even realize i was pregnant at first. 

anywho.  i was told i have round ligament pain, but omg.  my tummy hurts all the time, but only in a half circle from mid side on one side around the bottom and then up to the mid way up my side again.  it hurts when i'm sitting, it hurts when i'm laying down.  it hurts when i get up.  it hurts to walk, or stand, it even hurts when i have to go pee.  i don't want to eat, because if i eat even a bite too much my tummy goes from just a throb to a full blown bending over for an hour b/c it hurts b/c of the tiny bit of extra pressure.  same thing if i drink more than a sip at a time.  it literally hurts to take too deep of a breath.  i'm having to limit my driving to where i only do it when i HAVE to b/c it makes me so uncomfortable.  it's not like a little dull ache, it's constant and feels like i've been running the entire week without even stopping for a minute.   i thought to take some cramp medicine, but don't know if i can now that i'm pregnant and midol, etc, are for period cramps.  it's been like this for a week now, and hasn't gotten any better or worst, but makes life very uncomfortable.  i can't pick the kids up b/c it hurts me, nothing.  vacuuming / sweeping has even become torture.  i can't even put anything on my tummy if it's heavier than a blanket b/c i'll end up puking or hurting worst b/c of it.  even a coke bottle sends me over the edge b/c of the weight.

i haven't gained a lot of weight.  actually, it's evening out b/c i'm losing some weight everywhere else, but gaining it on my tummy.  i still fit in my normal clothes, except that my pants are too big now.  i haven't even been overly active.  i've been "chillaxin" because i didn't want to push it and end up hurting, but i still didn't avoid this.  about twice a day, my whole tummy also tightens up, and on top of my normal tummy pain makes it all but impossible to do anything until it's stopped (usually last about 30-45 seconds).  like contractions, but they never get stronger or more frequent.

has anyone else had this happen, and did you find anything to do about it???  i'm making an appt. for this week or next, first available one that i can make, but wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen to them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:34:09 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: need advice from all you pregnant BPO'ers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 02:52:46 am »
When I was pregnant with my second child I had this one larger circle towards the side of my belly that hurt as you described . It was aweful ! I saw my midwife and she told me I had either ripped a muscle or that there could be a cyst inside (nothing to be concerned about ,I guess it's pretty common and you never know you have it unless you end up with a c-section and they notice it during surgery *i've never had surgery*) and now that same (whatever it is !) pain hurts worse with each pregnancy !   Sorry  :-\

As for the "tightening" you described , is it just Braxton Hicks contractions ? I have them from about 3 months and on , to the point they get really painful and I feel like I'm going into labor . They too get worse with each pregnancy , but it's just one of those things I guess ! At least you get a wonderful reward in the end !  :-*
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 02:54:39 am »
i think they are just B.H., but wasn't sure if i should be having them twice a day already when i'm only at 5 months.  thanks for replying, i'm glad someone else went through this!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 04:56:16 am »
Gosh, I would do what you're doing and try to get in the Dr. asap. It could be one of those mysterious weird things about pregnanacy or something else, just hard to tell. I've never experienced anything like what you're describing though. I DO get cramping, but it's nothing like that. The only baby I haven't cramped with was my first one. Ever since that, cramping has been one of the first tip off's that I'm pg and it lasts and lasts and lasts for the first trimester. At 5 months, I guess it was the occasional cramping during growth spurts and for the rest of the pg. Round ligament pain *shouldn't* hurt constantly, no. It's usually all of a sudden god awful stabbing pains when you move a certain way or change position, sneeze..these are all things that bring them on for me and I've been experiencing with this pg since about 4 weeks!!! Crazy.

The BH contractions do tend to start earlier with each baby, that I have definitely noticed. With my 3rd they started between 4 and 5 months, several times a day, every day. You just don't want a pattern to them or them coming on a consistent timeable basis, mine were very sporadic. If ever I had a question about them, I would call in, or go into the hosp if needed. Sometime early in my 3rd trimester with my 2nd baby I needed to go into to L&D to be monitored because they were coming frequently, painlessly but frequnetly enough for me to be concerned. They ended up doing one of those tests to check for preterm labor (AVOID THOSE AT ALL COSTS!!) but it turns out it was nothing, just an off day I guess.

Do make sure you are staying very hydrated, VERY IMPORTANT!! Your uterus will start to contract too much if you aren't drinking enough, and chugging down some water will do the trick.

I hope you feel better, it just doesn't sound normal to me..not to freak you out, I'm sure all is fine with the baby but maybe you just injured yourself or something. I usually don't start gaining any weight until sometimes= in the 2nd trimester and my regular clothes fit for a long time. This time I was so sick I actually lost 10 lbs so that's kinda nice lol.

Let us know what you find out, you shouldn't have to be so miserable!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:58:40 am by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 05:26:24 am »
the fact that it's constant is what got me.  it never goes away. 

with tristan, i had to go to L&D b/c i went into labor like 2 months early b/c i was so sick (got a stomach bug was was puking so much it actually put me into labor, couldn't go 5 minutes without getting sick then started contractions on top of that.  it sucked.  by the time i got to L&D they were 4 minutes apart, but they were able to stop it thankfully).  some phenegran (sp?) and something else (i can't remember what it was) and it all stopped.

i'm about 5 months along, and they haven't started until now.  never had it before with either of my other pregnancies, but like it was already said, each time is different!  sneezing slaughters me right now.  brings tears to my eyes lol.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:41:01 am »
the fact that it's constant is what got me.  it never goes away. 

with tristan, i had to go to L&D b/c i went into labor like 2 months early b/c i was so sick (got a stomach bug was was puking so much it actually put me into labor, couldn't go 5 minutes without getting sick then started contractions on top of that.  it sucked.  by the time i got to L&D they were 4 minutes apart, but they were able to stop it thankfully).  some phenegran (sp?) and something else (i can't remember what it was) and it all stopped.

i'm about 5 months along, and they haven't started until now.  never had it before with either of my other pregnancies, but like it was already said, each time is different!  sneezing slaughters me right now.  brings tears to my eyes lol.

I hope that's all it is, but if so, I sure hope it goes away! Were you able to get an appt? I remember laying on my back with my last pg and having to sneeze and not thinking, I did and OMG, I let out a scream lol. I definitely learned my lesson.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:02:25 am »
lol i hate being at appt's to start with.

yes i got one.  the earliest was in two weeks (a week before i'm supposed to go in) but they said they'll call me the minute someone cancels.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 08:23:19 am »
Wow 2 weeks, that's a long time. They must be a busy place!Shouldn't you be getting an ultrasound soon? Are you guys gonna find out the sex? :o

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 08:24:54 am »
we're waiting until we get back home (we'll be there in a month and family will be around).  yes, we're finding out.  i can't wait to know lol
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 08:27:58 am »
we're waiting until we get back home (we'll be there in a month and family will be around).  yes, we're finding out.  i can't wait to know lol

Oh, that's always nice. I'll be lucky if hubby goes to my u/s. >:( Any vibes either way? Or do you get those lol. I've been right about all of mine (knock on wood) and this time I'm feeling boy. Since they could easily tell right now for you, I bet you're impatient!! I would be hehe.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 08:32:56 am »
brandon missed both of mine.  (don'tcha LOVE it)  with aiden he even got deployed 6 weeks before i had aiden, and with tristan they deployed him 4 weeks out.  i threw one h*ll-o-a-fit, but he ended up coming home anyways, because grandpa passed.  not an ideal situation, very bitter sweet.

i want a girl (soooooooo bad), but it'll probably be a boy.  this time around though it's nothing like my other two pregnancies.  so maybe it will be a girl (crossing anything that can be crossed)!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39:59 pm »
I can never tell what I'm having . With my first I never had an u/s as we lived in a very rural area . After that , every time I've been pregnant I've prayed it's a girl , but only one has been .LOL When I had Izzy ,I thanked God that I had a girl and I promised I'd be happy with just my one girl ...... but I still want another !  ::)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 11:12:08 pm »
im sorry your tummy hurts, i had pain like you described (not as bad) with my son, who is almost 3 months old. i hope that it goes away soon by it self, does putting something warm...not hot obviously....o n the sore area help?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Icerotti

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 11:14:55 pm »
I hope the pain goes away for you soon. It sounds so uncomfortable. :'(
I hope today is a better day for you  ;D

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 12:24:53 am »
I can never tell what I'm having . With my first I never had an u/s as we lived in a very rural area . After that , every time I've been pregnant I've prayed it's a girl , but only one has been .LOL When I had Izzy ,I thanked God that I had a girl and I promised I'd be happy with just my one girl ...... but I still want another !  ::)

Haha, hubby has said that this BETTER be a boy, no 2 ways about it. He wants another son and I'd like for Jude to experience a brother. He knows if it's not, I'll want to try again for one and he is not acknowledging it, hah. He even made me promise to not look at girl names *just in case* or I'd find one I like and then want to have a girl and use it lol.

Steffanie- how are you today? Better I hope.