Poll

Which would you RATHER deal with?

Drool
8 (57.1%)
Hair/grooming
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Drool VS Hair  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Drool VS Hair
« on: September 09, 2005, 02:53:35 pm »
Because of a discussion in chat, if you only had to deal with ONE BPO bad habit, would it be the drool?  Or the grooming?
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

Re: Drool VS Hair
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 02:56:39 pm »
Hair for sure. At least I can use a lint brush instead of changing my clothes.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 03:13:13 pm »
Most definitely drool!!!...I mean look at the hair on these beasts!...Have you ever seen a Pyr blowing it's coat? :o

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 03:14:21 pm »

Yeah, deffinitely hair
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 03:15:59 pm »
Wait until Kiah blows her coat next spring...lol.. .You'll be loving drool I swear!!!!!!! ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 03:18:44 pm »
Wait until Kiah blows her coat next spring...lol.. .You'll be loving drool I swear!!!!!!! ;D

How long does the process take?

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 03:21:10 pm »

How long does the process take?
About 2 to 3 weeks I believe...sams on just did a partial blow late this year...What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...You will want to brush daily...I know I easily took a Hefty bag stuffed full of hair out of him!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 03:21:19 pm »
You don't have to sit down every night to brush out the drool.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 03:30:41 pm »
Hair!!!! A good brushing and a vaccum take care of that in the run of a day. But the drool....drip. ...drip.....sl ime.....drip.. ...slap(that's the head shaking motion and the drool sticking to the television set...you all know what I mean!).
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 05:45:26 pm »
I would so much rather put up with drool.  I would carry around a towel with me everywhere if I had to.

Keiko blows her coat about 4 times a year if I'm lucky (here in CA she's only done it once this year.......... ..it did take about 3 months to finish though).  It sometimes takes over a month to finish, that's WITH brushing.  Occasionally, by the time she finishes blowing her coat from one cycle, the next one is beginning.  :P  :P

Blair

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 05:54:35 pm »
Drool hands down...I put up with enough dog hair at work. And the way my boys shed, its awful. Plus, yes I am an odd ball, I lOVE drool LOL

Lyn

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 06:08:00 pm »
I dislike the hair and drool equally. I'm allergic to Bubba's hair, and well the drool is just nasty. I had to use the swiffer to wipe some off the ceiling today. lol Being slimed is just the worse.

I guess if I had to choose I'd put up with my itchy red eyes..  :-\

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 06:27:30 pm »
Because of a discussion in chat, if you only had to deal with ONE BPO bad habit, would it be the drool?  Or the grooming?

I tolerate the shedding slightly better than the drooling.  People you encounter, if they have any sense, expect dog hairs to be left behind, but that big wad of drool slunnnnnnnnnnn nng from stem to stern and hanging from the the ceiling fan blades after a really good head shake... well that's something else entirely.  the only thing endearing about it is when he slides up to lean on a really persnikety neighbor of mine.  Always, and I mean ALWAYS, manages to leave a slime trail somewhere just out of her sight.  I should be a ashamed and shouldn't laugh, but....  ;D
Tom, Feste's 'papa'
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

awo

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 06:39:37 pm »
Okay I have to be the one to say that there is no difference.  I have a saint and trust me when there is drool on the wall, well there is hair to go with and vice versa on the floor because of his treats.  It's all gross but if I didn't have a giant to clean up after, I would be really bored most of the time.

awo

Offline CindiJ

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 06:51:14 pm »
I have learned that the easiest way to deal with the coat issue, is to try and get your pup accustomed to the vacuum cleaner.  I vacuum my pyr. out every other day, with a special comb attachment on the end... She adores it.... so I guess I would say I would rather deal with the drool,  To me that is just a sign of her love, and it is easier to wipe off, than to try and pull those fluffly little hairs out of your eyes, teeth and off all of your dark clothes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:56:21 pm by CindiJ »