Author Topic: ~*Newbie Intro*~  (Read 3923 times)

Offline EnchantedGypsy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
~*Newbie Intro*~
« on: July 22, 2007, 04:23:15 pm »
Hi! My name is Rebecca, I live in central California. I have loved sighthounds since I was 10 years old, especially the Borzoi. However, I grew-up with a pair of wonderful male English Springer Spaniels. Also had another Springer as an adult, but have been dogless for 10 years. In 2004 I discovered the Silken Windhound. I spent 2.5 years learning about the breed, and meeting lots of Silkens & owners at events. As fate would have it, Silkens are a bit too small for the mobility-assistance work my next dog will need to do.... Which lead me back to my first love, the Borzoi. I am currently on a waiting list and hoping to add a baby Borzoi to my family (of rescued housecats) in late 2007:~)

~*~*And he says 'Rhiannon don't go.... Rhiannon stay'.... And he still cries out for her.... 'Don't leave me.... don't leave me now'....*~*~

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: ~*Newbie Intro*~
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 08:20:22 pm »
Hi Rebecca, welcome to the board. I love sighthounds too. I'm Jodi, mom to Morgayne an almost 6 month old Irish Wolfhound, Thorn- 7yr. old Dane, and a house full of other critters, plus foster mom to "Beau" a Saint Bernard/Collie mix.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 10:30:38 pm »
Welcome! I hope that things work out great for you and your Borzoi baby comes soon!
Im Jodi (yes, there are two of us) Mom to Zero and Jigsaw (bull terriers), Memphis the great dane and reba the chinese crested.
have fun and enjoy the site until your news arrives :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

chaosndestruction

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:27:54 am »
Hi i'm Bri mom to Keela the malamutt.

Borzoi puppies are adorable!!! My old horseback riding instructor had a Borzoi. Her name was Brio or "bri" for short...it was kind of confusing when she was out and Kit yelled "Bri no!" She was mostly white with a few fawny spots:)

Can't wait for your new addition to arrive so that we can see pics!!!!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:41:58 am »
hi Rebecca! Welcome to Bpo, Im Christina mother to Max, Chevy, and Boog in my avatar. there's several other members on the board who will be recieving new additions to the family this fall and winter too! i think this winter's going to be a fun one!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 09:12:06 am »
hello and welcome!  I love sighthounds as well and the greyhound was my second choice if I wasn't able to get a great dane.  The Silken Windhound is actually on my "breed list" of breeds I hope to oneday own.  Most people have never heard of one.  Love the borzoi, but they are hard to find.......... I was lucky enough to meet a few at a dog event a few years ago.

My name is Chris, and my crew consists of Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.

Offline EnchantedGypsy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:06:21 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcomes! I will certainly be sharing many pics when my little baby 'zoi arrives! No, there aren't a lot of Borzoi litters like Labs or Goldens. That's good since they're not over-bred, but it does require patience on the part of a person eagerly awaiting the right pup.
~*~*And he says 'Rhiannon don't go.... Rhiannon stay'.... And he still cries out for her.... 'Don't leave me.... don't leave me now'....*~*~

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:32:49 am »
oh the wait is terrible, but is sooooo worth it :D anticipation is the worst best feeling ever :D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 01:31:57 am »
there is a lady in our area with a borzoi. her name is Minni. Shes a pretty girl. i love the look, so exotic. she'll be at our local dogshow in 3 weeks, i will get pics and share with you :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline EnchantedGypsy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 06:50:56 am »
Well, the breeder I've been on a waiting list for a puppy from was at the Lompoc sighthound show last week. She let me know that the breeding did not work (no puppies). However, I did meet a couple other very nice Borzoi breeders who both have litters planned for late 2007. Keep your fingers crossed for me :D