Author Topic: New to the Board  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Robert

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New to the Board
« on: March 30, 2005, 10:53:55 am »
Robert (and wife Ann) here, owned by BEAR and PANDORA, littermate brother and sister Great Pyrenees whom we rescued 4 1/2 years ago when they were 18 MO pups (BIG but still pups).

Bear is a Therapy Dog with a local group (www.happytailspets.com ), makes twice a month visits to critical care wing of Egleston Pediatric Hospital on the Emory University campus and once a month visits to: the Atlanta VA Medical Center Nursing Home, the Emory University Rehab Hospital, a private and a public school for developmentall y disabled kids, a nearby private nursing home and an Alzheimer's hospice.

I'm retired, am President of Metro Atlanta Great Pyrenees Club and active in Great Pyrenees rescue.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Re: New to the Board
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
Robert,

Welcome to Big Paws.  Glad to see you here.  Jackie Wood Tanimara Great Pyrenees in MO.  I have raised Pyrs for 18 years now and place most in guardian homes, some pet, some show.  Being in rural MO we dont get to meet many of the GPCA regional folks often.  We need our own regional club here..... just dreaming...lol

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 05:11:18 am »
Great Pyrenees actually make WONDERFUL therapy dogs. The Pyrenees is America's best kept secret

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:33:41 pm »
Hey there!  My Pyr, Bo, is also a therapy dog!  We volunteer with Paws for Healing (www.pawsforhea ling.org) in Napa, California.  Bo is also working as a therapy dog in my real job as a psychotherapis t!  She's a natural & everyone loves her! 
Jennifer & Bo
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

Offline Tabby

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 12:38:59 pm »
Hi,
Pyrs seem such naturals for therapy/service work.  I am hoping my 6 mo lod Mike will eventually become my service dog for movement problems.

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 01:18:20 pm »
I think that with proper training, your dog will be a great service dog!  Bo is extremely attentive to me & is always aware of where I am in the house (or work, or the park).  Their size makes them perfect balance/movement service dogs, too. 
Good luck!
Jennifer & Bo
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 01:52:59 pm »
Jackie!  Your little fuzhead it so cute! 

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 01:00:11 am »
That little fuzz head is a nut!  He is almost 2 now.  Due for his OFA soon.  Acting like a nut in this cool weather.  But I love him never-the-less!

Thanks,
Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

BabsT

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 01:03:27 am »
Welcome aboard...I love fellow LGD owners LOL

I have 2 LGD's Zero 11month Central Asian Ovcharka and Misha my 18 wk Caucasian Ovcharka...

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 02:46:11 am »
Hello and welcome.  I feel a bit out of place among all the pyrs.......... ....lol

I have a husky/shep mix Keiko (who I am training for therapy work), and a great dane pup Gunther.

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 03:15:04 am »
Welcome to the board! It's so great you have a therapy dog, I've thought about getting my boy into that, but I'm not too sure how to go about it. Anywho, I hope you have a great time here and hope to see some pics of your dogs  :D
Jackie
Taz's Mom