Author Topic: large collars  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Chopper1003

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
large collars
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:51:32 pm »
I have a 16 month old english mastiff and can not find a collar that fits him anywhere other then calf collars.  Does anyone know of anywhere i can find dog collars that are bigger then 32 inchs????
Lori williams

lorim2

Re: large collars
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:00:43 pm »
Hey I feel your pain.  We had the same problem until I found someone in town that custom makes Marleys!  Your baby is beautiful.  My Marley is 16mo also and quite the love!  Good luck..You can buy online but I never like that because I like to see what I am buying.  Welcome to BPO

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:08:13 pm »
Bigtalldog.com has collars up to 34". I've ordered a lot from them and have always been pleased with the quality.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:45:43 pm »
bigdogboutique .com does it where for every additional inch over the length you order, it's $.50, you can also choose an option for a metal buckle if you want.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Chopper1003

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 09:26:08 am »
thank you i will have to look into all of those i am just scared to order online because he is still growing. 
Lori williams

Offline jeniferrochelle

• Gnawer
  • Tuba (Saint Bernard) and Tank (English Mastiff)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:58:36 am »
I also feel your pain, my Tuba is 181 ponds and 16 months. My problem is also that Tuba breaks his collars, even the leather ones. When he gets free he can't wait to go pounce and pee in our neighbors yards then when I try to get him, forget it there is no way he will come to me. I have to get into the car and drive by him and pretend we are going bye bye to get him to come home. It is like an hour ordeal and not very fun. So an industrial strength collar is what I need, any ideas?

Offline Chopper1003

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:51:48 am »
i would say to try a calf collar that is the collar i have for chopper as long as you dont need one larger then 34inch  if you go to a farm supply store they have them i think i only paid $12 for it.  what part does he brake the collar at?  eaither that of fence in your yard. 
Lori williams