Author Topic: Monthly Photo Contest: October is all about Halloween!  (Read 28527 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Monthly Photo Contest: October is all about Halloween!
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 09:36:41 pm »
Oh My Lord!  My heart just broke!  I love that first one. :)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2005, 09:45:16 pm »
Question: Do we have all day tommorrow to submit them also?  I want to take the pictures in daylight , it's hard photographing a black dog w/ flash.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2005, 10:59:06 pm »
Oh Funmble...your little baby is now officially on the kidnap list. Absolutely a doll in your arms there.  ;D

And Brandon, yes. You have until midnight on Saturday to submit your pics because I will post the contest thread with voting and everything around that time. I can't wait to see baby dressed up!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2005, 11:00:00 pm »
he looks like a little person.  Fight you for him.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2005, 11:03:28 pm »
Ok Lins...you're on!
Hugs,
Jaime

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2005, 11:09:49 pm »
Ok Lins...you're on!
And they're off.  Bear goes deep and throws the ball ... whhhhhhhoooooo ooooaaaaaaaaa. ..49 yards way over Lin's head.  Lin dives...grabs. ..eats dirt.  Bear recovers the fumble and weaves through the field 20 yards...10 yards...5 yards.  Touchdown.   

Round one...Jamie wins. 

Lin isn't out yet.  she kicks it off...Gracey (the amazing springpawed rottwieller) leaps into the air and grabs the ball.  Lady tackles Grace (we're not sure why...they're on the same team) and runs runs runs...down field.   Bear gallops nipping at Lady's heals...the crowd goes wild.  Touchdown Lady.  Gracey cheers and bounces.  Lady slams the ball in the zone and wonders why there's slobber all over it.  She stares downfield at bouncy Gracey ... Grace gulps... rut roo. 

Round two...Lin wins.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:14:50 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2005, 11:26:04 pm »
Oh Lins! You crack me up!! You should totally be a writer because you are so descriptive.

Round three:
Lady kicks off and Bear grabs the ball in his giant mouth. As he begin to run he gags, and gags, and gas...confusio n strikes Lady and Grace as they stand by and wonder "Where did the ball go?" Bear gives on loud burp and out comes the ball. WooHoo..the crowd goes wild! A stunned Bear stands by and watchs as Grace scoops up the ball and runs...the wrong way. Lady is shouting at her to turn around. Finallt she turns and heads in the right direction only to have her path blocked by the giant Bear. SHe goes left, so does he, she turns right, so does he. Then without warning Grace dives between his legs and tosses the ball to Lady. The crowd goes wild again! Bear quickly turns around and gives chase. His length allows him to quickly close the gap. With one long jump he tackles Lady from behind. On the ground they roll over and over again. Both stop, Lady drops the ball and the two begin laughing. Grace loks stunned as her sister laughs with the enemy.
Two seconds later Bear is on his feet and he gets the ball. He runs away down to goal but right before he enters the touchdown zone he prances. He is so pretty and somehow outwitted the girls this time.

Round 3 goes to Bear!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re:Mr&Misses,Santa Claus, Maggie&Molly going to Target!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2005, 11:27:00 pm »
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2005, 11:35:43 pm »
DOH!  Grace is such a dork she swats and tinkles on the 50 yard line. 
Lady...get up baby!  Play later...Win now. 

You have my girls down to a tee.  Like you've known them forever.  :)  Just like Gracey to run the wrong way. 

I got a degree in journalism...t here was no money in writing so I changed my career path slightly.  :)  glad you like my stories.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:39:18 pm by lins_saving_grace »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2005, 11:47:07 pm »
Grace flies through the air.  There's a string in her mouth...rut roo.  She ate the ball. 
The ref gets us a new one.

Bear wails on little Grace like the big ball player he is.  Grace calls for reinforcements and Lady side swipes Bear with a wet willy.   Bear giggles.   
Grace, who got in the middle of the big tongues shoots from the ball of fur love and soars through the air and through the field goal to score 3 points. 
Luckily, she's caught by the net...and is so happy to find out it's a net made of PIGGY EARS!   OH Heavan's Galore.  Game over.  (at lease for Grace.)

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2005, 07:02:41 am »
Come on people! We don't have very many entries!! You need to enter your dogs. Remember, the more the merrier and the cuter it is to look at. You have until tomorrow at midnight. Surely you can come up with something! ;D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2005, 11:17:46 pm »
Oh Lins! You crack me up!! You should totally be a writer because you are so descriptive.

Round three:
Lady kicks off and Bear grabs the ball in his giant mouth. As he begin to run he gags, and gags, and gas...confusio n strikes Lady and Grace as they stand by and wonder "Where did the ball go?" Bear gives on loud burp and out comes the ball. WooHoo..the crowd goes wild! A stunned Bear stands by and watchs as Grace scoops up the ball and runs...the wrong way. Lady is shouting at her to turn around. Finallt she turns and heads in the right direction only to have her path blocked by the giant Bear. SHe goes left, so does he, she turns right, so does he. Then without warning Grace dives between his legs and tosses the ball to Lady. The crowd goes wild again! Bear quickly turns around and gives chase. His length allows him to quickly close the gap. With one long jump he tackles Lady from behind. On the ground they roll over and over again. Both stop, Lady drops the ball and the two begin laughing. Grace loks stunned as her sister laughs with the enemy.
Two seconds later Bear is on his feet and he gets the ball. He runs away down to goal but right before he enters the touchdown zone he prances. He is so pretty and somehow outwitted the girls this time.

Round 3 goes to Bear!

I like the "gas and confusion" part.  Is that like a "fart foul?"
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2005, 05:54:47 am »
Well, I changed my mind.  I wasn't going to put Sapphire through anything, despite having an idea; but there weren't many entries, so...

Anyway, you should find one from us in your mailbox, Jabear!  Oh, there is one other thing.  Sapphire is so cute, she MUST come in at least third. ;D  Kidding!

I hope your dogs do well in the contest, ya'all.  (practicing for the move to Alabama  ;))

Sofia

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2005, 09:00:39 am »
Woo-hoo!  We're in too!  I don't think Sasha likes Halloween costumes too much though!  ::)  I can't wait to see everyone's cute doggies!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2005, 09:32:08 am »
LOL cUte