Author Topic: UGH Harry Potter!!  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: UGH Harry Potter!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 10:45:55 pm »
hahaha that's good to know :D I love it when books are that gripping, don't you? Reading the whole series back to back, I can't believe how much foreshadowing there is, especially in the first book, it's crazy!
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 10:57:47 pm »
I saw the movie last night and loved it! You really have to think of the movies as an overview of the book, it's like reading Cole's notes. The movies are fantastic in my opinion but you are really missing out if you don't read the books. I thought Umbridge and Bellatrix Lestrange were great in the movie, i really wanted the smack Umbridge and her little giggle ;D

chaosndestruction

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 11:06:33 pm »
I wanted to slit her throat!!!!

The biggest dissapointment to me was the lack of a certain sport.

You wanna know a movie based off a book that I hate?

ERAGON. I read BOTH books before watching the movie and I was pissed they left out some really important things and jumbled the whole storyline around AND Saphira DID NOT grow that fast or like that in the book....gah.

I think they did awesome given Helena that character! I love her!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 11:45:05 pm »

ERAGON.
:o *Gasp* Eragon is an amazing movie. er, well... ok.. it has super sexy Jeremy irons...  what else can i ask for?! LMAO
i am so upset with things like that too, but i dont read so its not the same. but the thing that bothers me is...
Video games turned movies. I ADORE resident evil. and i despise the movies. Yep. i really do. who the heck is that alice character?! LOL anyways.
Yeah i will maybe someday read the HP Books... someday. ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 12:20:39 am »
oh my goodness, i am so excited about the last harry potter book coming out that i can hardly contain myself.  the movies are good but i am always sad when they leave out details, even though i know they have to or the movie would be a billion hours long.  i saw the movies for lord of the rings BEFORE i read the books, that was much better.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 02:18:07 am »

ERAGON.
:o *Gasp* Eragon is an amazing movie. er, well... ok.. it has super sexy Jeremy irons...  what else can i ask for?! LMAO
i am so upset with things like that too, but i dont read so its not the same. but the thing that bothers me is...
Video games turned movies. I ADORE resident evil. and i despise the movies. Yep. i really do. who the heck is that alice character?! LOL anyways.
Yeah i will maybe someday read the HP Books... someday. ;)

Jo if you read the books you'd definitely think otherwise. It was horrid compaired to the books. I believe that whoever made that screenplay and directed the movie needs to be shot. I'm glad I didn't actually pay to watch it in theatres... grrr. 

On the other hand...I don't play the resident evil games...so I liked the movies...haha and I love me some Milla Jovovich.

I LOVE scary movies but videogames? nah...i'll pass.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 03:26:22 am »
i dont do well with scary video games either. i found that out when i was playing doom for the first time, and that...that freaky thing comes at you  AAAAAAAHHHHHHH HHH!!!!!!! and that was the end of that game!i think i played if for 5 min. :-[ im a wuss
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 03:29:29 am »
The books are definitely worth the read, they are by far superior to the movies. I find that the movies are one dimensional, while good, are nothing compared to the intricate woven story that is much more alive on paper than on the big screen. The only way I can enjoy the movies is if I look at them as a movie unto themselves, and try not to compare them to the book, which can be difficult, but I try. If you get the chance, I really hope you take the time to read them, you won't be disappointed ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 03:30:47 am by Ice Blue »
Caitlin

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 07:18:37 am »
I love the books but then again I'm a huge reader.  If you don't like to read I would suggest the books on tape.  Just because you miss out on so much in the movies.  I first got the books when they were talking about burning the books around here.  Well of course now I have to read it and see what the controversy is all about.  I still have the imagination of a kid so the movies can never really compare to what I come up with. 

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 07:33:03 am »
I have to tell you Jenn, the books make way more sense. I found with the movies mix things up, and don't get the story line right (and that fact irks me lol) With me, I had to get through the first two books to get hooked, I loved the third right away (probably my least favourite movie mind you) I'd say give it a try, and if you don't like them, then you don't like them  :)
Caitlin

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 08:13:03 am »
I think they look like big, furless, flying Dobermans.

You are so not allowed to own a doberman anymore, I'm coming for Dals! :P
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:29 am »
I enjoyed the movie. It's deffinately not as good as the books, but if you look at it as its own entity it's still enjoyable.

If you haven't seen it yet, DEFFINATELY try and see it in imax. In imax the big climatctic fight sequence at the end is in 3D, which is way coler than 2d.

Adn Jen you MUST read the books, they are SO much better! The first movie is pretty much word for word the book, but each subsequent book gets longer and longer so they have to cut more and more out of the movies.
RIP former BPO

lorim2

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 11:20:34 pm »
haha...I am reading the Half Blood Prince again too!!  Cant wait for number 7 but very sad :-\

lorim2

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 11:44:18 pm »
awww....Keith Urban...sooooo ooooo cute

chaosndestruction

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 11:46:24 pm »

Is it wrong that I have a slight crush on Alan Rickman's portrayel of Snape? 

OMG.  *slowly raises hand*  Ok, go ahead, dig into me, but only Alan Rickman can make a greasy slimey character sexy.

haha Alan Rickman just has that mysterious thing going on about him...and his voice is sooo unique.