Author Topic: I need HELP!  (Read 16233 times)

Nicole

I need HELP!
« on: June 09, 2005, 01:47:40 pm »
Hey, ladies! I know we're all big paw lovers here, but.....

There's a guy across the street from me that has this little Jack Russel/Daschund cross. She's really cute and sweet. In any case, I've seen him taking her by the collar and SLAMMING her against the side of his garage, throwing her across the yard....SADIST IC shit! I've called the police twice, and the neighbor has called the police and animal control NINE TIMES. Once, she saw him hitting the poor little thing with a two by four! Twisted M-F'er!

Anyway, so yesterday, the dog broke her chain. So, um, needless to say, when I saw her in the street, I immediately "rescued" her into my apartment. I snuck her out the door and into my truck and over to a friend's house. Poor little girl. Anyway, now, I need to find her a place. Cuz, um, obviously she can't stay at my house. The psycho would probably kill me trying to get her back. Not because he loves her, mind you, but so he can control her. Grrr! I HATE this guy!

So, does anyone know of ANY one that could help? I'd like to get her far away so that she doesn't get found. (By him) I've called a few Jack Russel rescues that I found on the internet, no return calls yet. I'm just throwing this out there to see if any of you beautiful animal lovin' ladies (and gents) have any ideas.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: I need HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 01:49:58 pm »
Where do you live?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 01:51:52 pm »
I live in Michigan City, IN. Its about 40 miles East of Chicago. I'm willing to drive her anywhere, though!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 01:54:22 pm »
I'm all the way in Cincinnati, sorry.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 01:56:23 pm »
It makes me soooooo mad I could cry, when I hear something like this, how in the world are you wired when you slam and hit a poor little defenseless dog. I have never seen the guy, never met him, never spoke to him BUT I already HATE him. You Soooooo did the right thing, if you have called the law on him several times and the poor dog still was there obviously they were not going to do anything (I am slamming my fingers soooo hard when I am typing so my kids wonder what is up lol)

Where are you located??? I dont know if they  could help you, but there is a website called www.animal-abuse.com they do great work following up cases and all kinds of things, It for sure could not hurt to contact them to see what they recommend, to me this sounds like a crystal clear case of animal abuse. I will also contact people I know in rescue and see what they have to suggest, it would help to know in what area you are though.

Man........I am both soooo mad and saaaad, how in the world can you hit a dog or cat or child for that matter

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 01:56:26 pm »
Hmm...yeah, that's about 300 miles from me. But, like I said, I'd drive the sweetie pie ANYWHERE. So, if you know of anyone or whatever, let me know! She's awful cute! hahahha! Thanks, though!

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 02:31:21 pm »
Marit, I know. Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO insane to me! But, guess what?!?!?!?!

A good friend of mine with a big farm just called! She's going to take her! She met her last night and fell in love with her. She had lunch with her husband and he agrees, so they're going to be her new Mommy and Daddy!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That bastard will never be able to hurt her again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, lets just hope he NEVER gets another dog........

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 02:37:28 pm »
Yay!  What a happy ending to such a horrible story!  Now this little girl will know what it feels like to be loved.  Thats great!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 02:38:41 pm »
What a horrible man!! How can you profess to love something that you bash around so insensitively. I'm so glad she got away and you were there to rescue her. May she be spoiled rotten for the rest of her life!! Keep up the good work. I hope this man gets hit by a bus!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 02:42:58 pm »
NICOLE----GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i have a bus....anyone wanna take a road trip with me to hit someone?

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 02:49:24 pm »
HURRAY ;D  What a happy ending.  I hope and pray that that stupid #@%^&** NEVER gets another animal... EVER.  You just saved that poor little doggy from that awful man, good for you :)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 06:52:00 pm »
I am so happy that she found a good home.  You are a hero.  Do you read me?  HERO!!!!! 

My mother loves Daschunds.  She has quite a few.  Two of them, Beanie and Lou Lou, just passed away from old age and it broke her heart.  My mother rented a car and paid someone to kidnap them from abusive owners who lived a couple hundred miles from her.  They had several previously broken ribs that had healed over.  They were able to live more than ten years in my mother's loving home.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 09:03:30 pm »
I am so glad the dog got a good home!!!...Good for you!...If that man gets another dog I swear I'll freak!...Please let us know if he does so we can plot to get it out of there!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 09:10:47 pm »
ME TOO, I want to go in the bus, and we have people on here with trucker hubbies I bet we can get some use outof them hehe

Good for you Nicole, I am sooooo happy for the little dog, wooohoooo

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 09:27:18 pm »
Aw, garsh, you guys! Thanks for the applause!!!! I'm just so happy that the little darlin' is going to be loved and spoiled. Its so good to know that there are other people out there like me that support this kind of rescue! THANKS!!!!!

This isn't the first time....once, when I was teaching high school, a couple of my kids told me about one of their friends and his Pit Bull, Lilly. Lilly had just had a litter of pups. He wasn't feeding them properly, didn't take them to the vet, they were all sick. And, his method of training Lilly was to encourage her to do the thing that he didn't want her to do, and then smack her for it and say, "BAD DOG!" For example, he didn't want her in the kitchen, so he'd call her, and then when she came in, he'd hit her and say, "Bad girl! You KNOW you aren't supposed to be in the kitchen!" What a dumb kid. Anyway, I talked the students into bringing me the mom and all eight puppies. I took them to the vet and then to a lady with a huge farm. She found homes for each one of them! (Good homes!) That kid called the police and stalked the crap outta me FOREVER. (I guess he found out it was me) But, I don't regret it for a minute!

Thanks again, girls!!!!!!! When the little girl gets settled in, I'll go over and take a picture so you can see the little bugger!