Author Topic: Were you a little girl in the 70's? ( :  (Read 10873 times)

doggylover

Re: Were you a little girl in the 70's? ( :
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 11:52:06 pm »
'Are you there God...' was on my short list of favorite books.  LOLOL you guys have memories like elephants.  I totally forgot that 'we must we must' thing. 
ROFL

doggylover

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 11:55:07 pm »
Has anyone mentioned 'Cabbage Patch Dolls'?  LOLOL we couldn't afford one, but I remember the PAIN I felt every time a girl brought one to school.  And if you had one, you HAD to bring her to school. 
OH OH OH that reminds me.  Do you all remember the 'anatomically correct' boy doll?  Don't get me started. 
LOL

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 11:55:15 pm »
Of course, the metal slinky was somehow really entertaining! :D

"Are you there, God?  It's me, Margaret"
Do you remember the "We must, we must, we must increase our bust"?  Haha!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!...I would SO love to have "the Talk" with my daughter by just handing her that book...Unfortu natly this is a different day & age & she already knows more than that :( & I canceled our cable t.v. almost 2 yrs. ago...Damn!...Next I'll have to home school! :-\
B.T.W., You all had a METAL Slinky...right? :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 11:58:35 pm »
Oh, yes, the Cabbage Patch Doll!  I remember wanting one so bad, but it was Christmas time and you had to wait in line forever for new shipments.  Stores couldn't even keep them on the shelf!  So, my sweet parents had an "adoption doll" made especially for me. :)  It was even better than a Cabbage Patch, and I know cost a whole lot more for my parents.  I still have it packed away in a closet!! :D

Has anyone mentioned 'Cabbage Patch Dolls'?  LOLOL we couldn't afford one, but I remember the PAIN I felt every time a girl brought one to school.  And if you had one, you HAD to bring her to school. 
OH OH OH that reminds me.  Do you all remember the 'anatomically correct' boy doll?  Don't get me started. 
LOL

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 12:01:21 am »
Of course, the metal slinky was somehow really entertaining! :D

"Are you there, God?  It's me, Margaret"
Do you remember the "We must, we must, we must increase our bust"?  Haha!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!...I would SO love to have "the Talk" with my daughter by just handing her that book...Unfortu natly this is a different day & age & she already knows more than that :( & I canceled our cable t.v. almost 2 yrs. ago...Damn!...Next I'll have to home school! :-\
B.T.W., You all had a METAL Slinky...right? :D
"It walks downstairs alone or in pairs & makes a slinkity sound...A thing & thing a wonderful thing!...Everyone knows it's Slinky"!!!!!!!...A Slinky!...A Slinky!...It's such a wonderful toy!...It's made for a girl or a boy!!!"...OMG!...I am SURE that little ditty it taking up room in my mind for something I really need to know! :D :-\ :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 06:12:15 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 12:13:18 am »
You guys are cracking me up!!!!!  ;D What great memories! :) I hope the footy jammies come back in style! :) I'm sure my hubby would love that! :)

Thanks for the great laughs! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 07:34:32 am »
'Are you there God...' was on my short list of favorite books.  LOLOL you guys have memories like elephants.  I totally forgot that 'we must we must' thing. 
ROFL

LOL - "Are You there God...." was my personal handbook.... and speaking of handbook's ....does anyone remember "The Preppy Handbook?"

This tread ROCKS!!!!!  except now I feel real OLD!  :D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 07:47:21 am »
All of this is far to shameful to admit. 

I will just say:  Shaun Cassidy, my ***.

PARKER STEVENSON, LADIES.  Parker Stevenson.

(And he's STILL cuter than Shaun.)

WHAT?! Parker Stevenson was okay but he was no Shaun Cassidy.... by far the cuter of the Hardy boys - I had the metal lunch box (w/thermus of course) to prove it  ;D
ahhhhh memories of my first love....lol

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 08:17:50 am »
I just saw this thread and yes although I hate to admit it I was there also!!

I LOVED my click-clacks - then they got taken off the market because they were shattering!

I had cabbage patch dolls quite a few I think?  Still have at least 3 in my attic.  My sisters who were older were buying a baby gift for someone and inadvertantly got in a line at the kids store on Long Island once they got to the beginning of the line they were each handed a cabbage patch doll they were confused but bought them anyway.

My first concert - 17 young girls went to see Donny Osmond we all wore purple and screamed - turns out Suzanne Z had chicken poxs which noone know and the rest of us had them together!!

Loved Parker Stevenson - had a pet rock - but not store bought my father found a rock and made me a pet rock. 

This was a great idea - what a walk down memory lane!!

Randy

Offline mariannawoof

• Ankle Biter
  • gotta love the kisses
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 08:27:09 am »
Oh yes, I remember all of it...the magic 8 ball...anyone ever own Blip?  what a silly game..Ants in your Pants... there were just a few things that I didn't have...but I could relate totally from thinking Gopher was cute on the Love Boat and being afraid of Fantasy Island... However, my friends and I played "Charlies Angels" and I always had to be Sabrina... oh well...it does bring back memories...

xoxo marianna
Hugs & wags -
Marianna, Riley & Duffy

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2006, 10:51:58 am »
Does anyone remember having a doll that had a hole in the top of her head where you could pull her hair to make it long?  She also had a knob on her back to roll the hair back in to make it short again.  I thought that was the coolest doll. :D

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2006, 11:01:07 am »
I also remember begging my mom for a Rub-a-Dub doll for Christmas.  Santa brought it for me, and you could take it in the bathtub! ;D ;D

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 05:08:46 pm »
Does anyone remember having a doll that had a hole in the top of her head where you could pull her hair to make it long?  She also had a knob on her back to roll the hair back in to make it short again.  I thought that was the coolest doll. :D
My friend (who thought she was all that) had one and for the first day I was jealous.  Then it ran out of hair because she gave her five haircuts and she ended up with a doll with short hair.  Ha!

P.S.  Remember the Afterschool Special?  My personal favorite:  "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble."

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2006, 06:25:11 pm »
You won't believe this...

I found my Super Simon last night.  It was hiding in the bottom of my linen trunk under the 4-yarn afghan my grandmother made me the year she died (which I never use, obviously.)

Now I'm going to have to go buy D cell batteries and see if it still works.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Nicole

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2006, 11:02:57 pm »
MAN!

This thread ROCKS! I was born in 1977, but, I still recall many of these items. I had a Holly Hobby BEDROOM. Yes, that's right...bedspr ead, curtains, pillow shams. I had strawberry shortcake EVERYTHING.

How about those shorts? They were ALL KINDSA SHORT! GAG! Even my DAD wore them! GOD! And the cars?! EEEEEEEEEEEEW!

I totally had subscriptions to Tiger Beat. Ralph Macchio?! OMG! HOOOOOOOOOOT! I guess that would have been early 80's, but, still. Corey Haim? WHOOOOOOOOOOOO H! hahhaha!

How about Betsey Wetsy? Did anyone have one of those? You filled her with water and she PEED! hahahha! OMG. I LOVED her.

And we totally had a Simon. My brother still has one. Its fun. YOu can still buy them, I think.