Author Topic: I'm evil & a quick vent...  (Read 15113 times)

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: I'm evil & a quick vent...
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 12:26:41 pm »
Gypsy, we totally relate with you. My family is good with our babies but my husbands family is another story. Mike's sister can not stand animals PERIOD.  She thought we were nuts when we got Bella....as a matter of fact her response was, "A puppy?! You need to be working on having a baby."  I wanted to shoot her. Little does she know the infertility issues we are experiencing. It bothers us because she will never ask about Bella.  Bella and Rocco are huge part of our lives and by ignoring them she is ignoring us!  And now, if she comes over with her 2 kids she will take a ton of pictures with the kids and the babies because she wants them for her scrapbook.  She will have them pose with the dogs and I sit there and seethe. It kills me, that is really the only time she shows any interest in the dogs. When we got Rocco, she and Mike's dad really thought we lost it. His dad shook his head and said something like we're crazy.  They don't understand why we got such big dogs.  It really bothered us for a while but now we have the attitude that if they don't like the decisions we've made by getting Bella and Rocco then  too bad and if they don't care to be around the dogs, then they don't need to come over.Some people are judgemental, especially when you have large breeds, but our babies are so well behaved and so full of love and kisses, I swear you can't resist them.  Sorry if I sound a little testy, its a sore subject with us.
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 01:47:44 pm »
TwoNewfies
You say whatever you feel. Its a very upsetting subject for me too. I get so mad and everyone acts as though I should understand that some people dont like a big dog in thier house. It really gets to me. Judge is like one of my kids.
Im so glad I have you guys to understand.
 :-* Thanks
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 01:49:25 pm »
It would be the same thing if someone had a big kid.  :)  I don't discriminate against certain types of children...alt hough I wish I could sometimes.   Like my neighbors kids...they are obnoxiuos with their stupid skateboards and ramps that they bound on all night. 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 02:12:34 pm »
it is completely understood that I won't go if Sam's not accomidated in some way also...That's part of the reason they are here now...I have missed many family vacations in the past several years because I just don't like to leave any of my critters...The hubby & kids go to his mom's...I stay home with my fur babies...That's just the way it is 7 i don't regret it for not one second!

ann

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 07:13:01 pm »

my family at first thought i was crazy i heard so many times dakota should be on a farm so he can run that when we lived in a small house with no yard but never mind the fact i took him to the park all the time but ya know what he didnt even run when he was off leash now that i have three dogs and a big fenced yard they have accepted the fact i'm a crazy dog lady...i have one friend who said in a very conserned way he thought i was over dogen it  so funny i bet we are all happier than the wierdo's who think we're wierdos...

ann

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 07:56:36 pm »
You & I both know that is true for certain Ann!!!! ;D  Now I have to carry my sister's demon collie pup down the stairs to go outside & potty...I feel the need to overdog it so much I'll take anyones dog for the weekend...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 09:15:51 pm »
It would be the same thing if someone had a big kid.  :)  I don't discriminate against certain types of children...alt hough I wish I could sometimes.   Like my neighbors kids...they are obnoxiuos with their stupid skateboards and ramps that they bound on all night.  
You're right Lins.  It is the same as discriminating a big kid and maybe that's why I get so upset.  My seven year old is really tall and big boned for her age and I see people treat her differently than her little friends.  She doesn't get babied as much and I admit that I don't exactly hold her on my lap like I do the smaller kids.  It hurts my feelings to see her treated that way because she's just a little girl who needs to be treated as such.  Same with Leo.  He is just a 2 year old pup with the same feelings and needs as a little yappy dog that is allowed to go in the house and who is snuggled on people's laps.  He doesn't want to be left out in the rain or heat anymore than the rat dog next door (who I guarantee nobody would even think about leaving outdoors!).  The sad thing is that his heart is so big and he doesn't understand that he's a giant dog! 
Now I'm all excited and I really want to go snuggle my boy!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 09:35:27 pm »
You go snuggle away nats...... I am well I guess concidered a total luni in my husbands family, since I moved here we have always had at least one of the dogs being a pup or young dog. They roll their eyes and act like I am from another planet when I talk about dogs feelings and animals rights
(dang...... I am only from another country hehe not another planet). Me too have missed plenty of "have to be theres" When my baby boy Hercules was a puppy, my husbands grandfather passed away, he lived in FL so we would be gone for several days. I was told bluntly that Hercules was not welcome, and I knew that even if they could not stop me from bringing him and stay at a hotel, it would have been all kinds of talk and "back stabbing" so I let my husband go tend the funeral and I stayed home with my dogs. Thats pretty much how it has always been here. I dont like when people treat my dogs  as were they less worth and am I not totally "there" if I treat them as I do my children.

I just ignore it now though, if they want to talk, let them.......

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 11:30:58 pm »
Just a quick note on my sister's demon Collie Chopper...It was a good day for he & Samson...They both have a leg injury & Sammy has an eye injury...lol.. .None of it seems serious at all...They are like two kids that just can't stop playing rough with each other...Right now they are both passed out cold & I think they'll sleep well...lol!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 11:34:23 pm »
B.t.w., MIL was disgusted & appalled at the amount of slobber they left on each other! ;D  They both have that crimpy hair thing going on on their head like they got a bad perm...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2005, 07:46:21 pm »
I just had an evil idea  ;D!  This next week my house guests will be Angus, Cody and Bear and along with Leo I will have the hairiest, slobberiest house ever!  What a perfect time to invite the MIL!!!!!!!  That would make me feel so complete and vindicated!  The only problem is that it would mean I have to spend extra time with her and I just can't do that...  Besides that, her hypocondria might flare up on us!  But a girl can dream, right! 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 01:19:15 am »
Sammy Whammy wants to slobber on your MIL too damnit!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 01:24:46 am »
I just had an evil idea  ;D!  This next week my house guests will be Angus, Cody and Bear and along with Leo I will have the hairiest, slobberiest house ever!  What a perfect time to invite the MIL!!!!!!!  That would make me feel so complete and vindicated!  The only problem is that it would mean I have to spend extra time with her and I just can't do that...  Besides that, her hypocondria might flare up on us!  But a girl can dream, right!  

Galahad and Hera want to do some volunteer work too hehe. Galahad said he can easily work up the 8 inch drool ribbons in each corner and sling them around until they let go and eveyone is holding their breath in anticipation. Now is when you puch MIL in their way, and shell have a rasta hair do going on hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 07:15:21 am »
Before I got Tonka, my mom said "no more dogs in my house" now that the ones we had growing up were no longer with us due to age. Well the day I picked her up guess where I went, and my mom totally fell in love, since then Tonka is allowed and she has even offered to puppysit for us. When I was sick 2 weeks ago my mom came over and played with Tonka and let her give her kisses. She even gets onto me when I get loud with Tonka when she is not listening. Let's see how she does if I get to adopt this other mal. I will just repeat the process.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2005, 11:48:12 am »
My own mother said that if I get another dog she is cutting me out of their will...Jokingl y kinda but not...lol...My brother is already cut out...I told my sister that if she can figure out a way to p.o. my mom at my other brother she'll be sitting pretty..lol!