Author Topic: pictures!  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: pictures!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 09:53:23 pm »
i just finished reading the other posts, and i agree that it may be partially stress related. ONLY if it doesn't stress her out more, i think you may want to put her in a crate, or in a room while she eats, and MAYBE when she gets nervy. DO NOT PRAISE WHEN SHE FREAKS OUT!!! thats all i got to say about that! again, hope this helps, and good luck!!!
Leah
P.S. even Jacks mom is more 'puter smart than me, she has an avatar!!!
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:39 am »
Pics didn't come up for me  :'(  As for the eating, my Anatolian Katie didn't want to eat much for about a month after she came.  She too is kind of a nervous dog and was very upset by the move.  It did get better eventually and she eats fine now but I did put some treats over her food for a while.  I cut back her food to about what she would clean up within about 5 min and fed her twice a day.  She was so nervous that I needed to do something to help her settle in and eat.  She eats fine now so it didn't make her fussy but I'm sure it could become a problem if you coddle her and let her make it an issue.  I didn't let her just eat treats or fuss at her.  I made the food available and removed it if she didn't eat it after a short period.  I did try a few different things to see what she liked.  She does not like raw meat, eggs or whatever.  She likes her stuff cooked.  I tend to avoid dairy products in dogs that I don't know the background on.  Dogs we raised as pups had dairy right along so it wasn't an issue but dogs can develop an intollerance if they've not had it right along.  You can try some dairy later once she's settled in and eating fine so that you know if it upsets her stomach that it is the dairy and not nerves if that makes any sense.  Tuna is great!  Smelly, almost every animal loves it and it is pretty good for them as well. 
Daphne

Offline Mark Dozier

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 12:20:27 am »
Salmon oil worked really well for Bear.
Mark Dozier
servant of
Rolly - Walker Coon Hound
Ozzie - Maremma
Siearra - Great Pryenesse