Author Topic: Carter, the Big Paw lap dog  (Read 7754 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Carter, the Big Paw lap dog
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:19:18 pm »
Carter, the silly old bear, thinks he would make a GREAT lap dog!  I've been brushing him every night after our walks and puts up with it for a while but he eventually gets tired of it (he likes to have his "mane" brushed, but not his matted butt) and gets all silly and playful to get me to stop.  He rolls over, twists around, paws at me and just acts like a clown!  Anyway, it always ends now with him laying in/on my lap and him gently mouthing my arm, kissing my face or neck and sliming me to pieces.  He's way too big to fit but he curls up into a ball as best he can trying his hardest to fit into my lap.  He's as content and happy as can be all curled up in my lap!  He's such a nut!  Ah well, off to my nightly after-Carter shower.  Do the rest of you have to shower after a Big Paw encounter?
Daphne

mjjensen

Re: Carter, the Big Paw lap dog
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 08:53:32 pm »
  My Sam and Max are the same way about brushing. They'll let me brush everywhere but their hind end and their big bushy tales. Sam is my lap dog although I'm sure he's no where near as big as Carter. If I sit on the couch I usually have Max leaning on me with his head resting on the back of the couch, Sam trying to curl up in my lap, and Duncan squeezed behind my legs on the floor. Nothing makes me happier!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:31:13 am »
Carter's a silly boy!! Kiah doesn't like her hind end brushed out either. She gets up and walks away. I call her back to me and she'll lay her head in my lap. She looks up at me with her big brown eyes saying do you really have to brush me some more. LOL!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:33:40 am by Tajsa »

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:32:58 am »
I'd love to see a pic of Carter trying to fit in your lap!  LOL!  Silly pup!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:33:23 am »
Carter - you cutie pie! Please teel youe mom we NEED pics of you being an adorable pig paw lapdog!  ;D

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 02:11:08 pm »
Have ya'll ever noticed this?

Dogs HATE to have their tails brushed, rubbed, petted, etc. They're 'noided out about having their butt touched.

CATS LOVE IT.  :o They'll deliberately slink around so that you can't pet their head or rub their noses, only their butt and their tail.

Is this difference in butt behavior species related, do you think?   :)
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 02:16:18 pm »
Have ya'll ever noticed this?

Dogs HATE to have their tails brushed, rubbed, petted, etc. They're 'noided out about having their butt touched.

CATS LOVE IT.  :o They'll deliberately slink around so that you can't pet their head or rub their noses, only their butt and their tail.

Is this difference in butt behavior species related, do you think?   :)

I have noticed that! However Kiah loves to have her butt scratched! She'll lean on you and look at her butt. She just hates the brushing part.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 02:21:53 pm »
All of our dogs except Tiki love having their tails/butts brushed and smacked and scratched...my friend, Chastidy, her rottie Sugar Bear loves having her butt scratched and if you stop scratching it she'll start howling and getting upset because you stopped.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »
Maggie LOVES having her butt smacked!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 08:06:19 am »
Carter likes to have his butt scratched, just not brushed.  Glad to hear he's not the only pill out there!  He is slowly getting better about it and I did figure out that he had some fleas so hopefully now that he's been treated that will settle down and he'll feel a bit better.  I was gone last night (got chewed out big time by them when I got home) and DH will be gone tonight but we'll see if we can't pull together some lap pics one of these nights!
Daphne

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 11:21:16 am »
Dell LOVES to have his butt scratched but DO NOT touch the dude's tail!  He doesn't snap...anymore ...but he will let you know he's not happy with that.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

doggylover

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 12:31:05 pm »
Badger backs into EVERYONE butt end first, trying to get a scratch.  If you scratch his butt, he licks the air submissively and if you stop, he pesters you until you scratch it some more. 
After a good dogmassage, you have to wash your hands with dishsoap, and my clothes all have to come off and go in the wash.  Our washing machine (and dryer) look like the site of a doggy slaughter.  There are TONS of little black hairs all over it, tons more caught in the lint trap. 
 :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 01:38:02 pm »
sometimes i feel like i need to change clothes before leaving for work....the girls are shedding like mad now. 
And Grace is a sucker for a butt rub or scratch too...she's obsessive always looking for a free hand to back into. 

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 04:14:27 pm »
Oh man...Cabeza HATES his rear end messed with!!

Its terrible, because I've got all of his undercoat brushed out now, (well, mostly) EXCEPT for his furpants!!! (Stole that one from Grumpy...heheh e!) He looks ridiculous!

Well, that and his poor head is shaved and he's wearing a cone...but, I mean, THE FURPANTS! hahaha! He won't let me have anything to do with them, and they're a mess. He looks like he's wearing a big huge furry pair of chaps.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 10:57:25 pm »
Badger backs into EVERYONE butt end first, trying to get a scratch.  If you scratch his butt, he licks the air submissively and if you stop, he pesters you until you scratch it some more. 
After a good dogmassage, you have to wash your hands with dishsoap, and my clothes all have to come off and go in the wash.  Our washing machine (and dryer) look like the site of a doggy slaughter.  There are TONS of little black hairs all over it, tons more caught in the lint trap. 
 :D
Carter sound like he's a hoot!...Samson & Pippin HATE anything behind their hips brushed but Sammy...well Sammy is a master manipulater for getting a good butt scratching!...He will come over all like "oh pet me!...I just love you"!! & before you know it he's worked his body around so you are now scratching his business end. :D Sometimes he will even just back up to you & not even offer his head first...We like to sing, "You're a real fine puppy when you back that a$$ up...back that a$$ up"! :D :D :D