Author Topic: electricution for dog death?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
electricution for dog death?
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:58:39 pm »
I was just watching dog whisperer and they said that in Mexico they electricute the dogs to put them down. You know, a gas chamber death seems better than electricution!!!! Is this true? please say no

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: electricution for dog death?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 05:08:17 pm »
Don't even ask. You probably don't really want to know the answer. :(
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:31:19 pm »
really!!! I can see how that would even be legal!! i just don't get it, i understand that there are a ton of dogs and cats around, and i am sure that more would be spayed or neutered if the cost of that proceedure was not so expencive! Hence the reason our cat is intact still! For us to spay our cat it would cost us 299.00 just to have her snipped!!! No wonder why people have so many cats and such.  Luckily she is the only one and an indoor cat. But still...they need to lower the cost of that and i bet more people would do  it!

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 07:46:45 pm »
there is a place in the middle east that a man gets stray dogs and chains them to a wall and starves them to death.  He calls it ART!!!!!!!! 
People actually pay money to see the animals dying becasue it is supposedly considered and artistic thing.  It makes me sick!!!! >:( >:( >:(
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 07:51:21 pm »
i do know that one, there were many posts here on that...that is the worst of the worst....i just don't get humanity sometimes...we ll most the time... how come we are the way we are? All of us on here care, why don't others? It really isn't hard to care for a dog, a lot less work than a husband!  ::)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 08:13:03 pm »
The guy starving the dog as "art" didn't happen in the Middle East but in Nicaragua (apparently, there are no animal cruelty laws there), though the artist was not from Nicaragua. Some of the details have been exaggerated or changed in the emails that circulated last fall. I hope it didn't really happen, but I don't see how people could have mistaken a starving dog for a well-fed one:   :(

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/vargas.asp

And it looks like (from a quick google search, though I am too afraid to click on the articles themselves), electrocution is the most common form of "euthanasia" in Mexico, though it also looks like there are groups fighting to change that. I also found an article printed last Wednesday that says New York just became the first state to ban the electrocution of animals for fur. The first... Wow.

It sounds like they started the legislative effort last fall and it was just accomplished last week.

Warning: Some graphic details in these stories- http://www.hsus.org/furfree/news/new_york_bans_anal_electrocution.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/30/ap/national/main4060828.shtml