Author Topic: Anyone Watch the 2005 Purina Dog Show Today?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Anyone Watch the 2005 Purina Dog Show Today?
« on: November 23, 2005, 04:02:35 pm »
What a nice bunch of dogs!  I saw so many Big Paws that were so gorgeous.   I like the little guys, too, but I'm glad that Maltese didnt win!  Looked like a walking wig!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Watch the 2005 Purina Dog Show Today?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 11:02:14 pm »
Yup I did watch it.  I don't really like that show, b/c you only see about 4 dogs from each group.

But I did enjoy seeing that chocolate newf, drool and all.  Man he was really flinging spit.........l ol.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 11:18:08 pm »
LOL I watched it too and I was disapointed that they didn't show more dogs from each group. The best was the drooling newf! That made me laugh so hard. And I liked guessing who would win, to see if I was right. I was right that the bull terrier would win best in show. He was so cute.  :)
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 11:29:18 pm »
And I liked guessing who would win, to see if I was right. I was right that the bull terrier would win best in show. He was so cute. 

I got the bull terrier for group, but wasn't sure about BOS, but he was one of my choices.  I'm glad he won.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 12:04:42 am »
We watched it too, and were totally disappointed that they didn't show all the dogs. We were really looking forward to watching the big guys, and at the end it turned out we were lucky to see that (DROOLY) newf and the scottish deerhound! The Pyrenees even won 3rd in his group but he wasn't ever on the screen!!!
We watched the whole thing anyways, don't get me wrong, but I definitely would have liked to see more dogs.

How about the drool on that newf!!! Somebody get that guy a rag!!! :D

Offline babs2Sully

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 07:35:52 am »
We watched it also on TV yesterday... and were disappointed not to see on TV  the beautiful Irish Wolfhound that won in his breed...as well as the other big breeds ... I didn't see any pyrenees at all...
We went to the show on Saturday for a few hours in the morning, for the individual breed contests.... There were so many gorgeous dogs there!  We spoke with the IW winner ... her dog was really a beautiful hound..
Saw several Newfies... the deer hound that won Best in Show on Saturday... Margot ...she was up for Best in Show on TV but lost to the cute bull terrier
It was alot of fun.. I would do it again....If you ever have an AKC dog show in your area... go.... I really learned alot about the two breeds I have the IW and the little cairn terrier... speaking with the owners after they showed....