Author Topic: When An Evil Cairn Runs Into A Rottie/Mixed Breed  (Read 2464 times)

Offline GeegLuvMyDogs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
When An Evil Cairn Runs Into A Rottie/Mixed Breed
« on: September 01, 2005, 12:50:25 pm »
I knew the day was coming when this would happen.  And I know that a Cairn isn't exactly a "Big Paw" dog by anyone's standards (!!) but the story does include a BigPaw and I just had to share this latest drama in the lives of our furry children.

Some background:  we are currently relocating to another state and can not have our four four-leggeds with us at the house we are staying (anyone know a great deal on a house in Pierce County, WA??).  Fortunately through the generosity of one of my cousin's who LOVES dogs, our four loves have a great temporary home.  My cousin and her husband have a rottie/pitbull mix who is a total love and they have a rottie/lab mix who is equally wonderful.  We have a Newf (Ebony), two Westies and Angus, the Evil Cairn.

Yestereay afternoon after my cousin got home from work she sat down at the table to eat and Angus took what has become his "usual" position when she eats:  under her chair to ward off all intruders and interlopers.  Well apparently he was being himself when Zeke, the rottie/lab mix had just had enough of Angus' bravado and machismo and went for Angus' throat to settle the issue.

My cousin was able to pull off her dog from on top of Angus and Angus is now missing a three inch area of fur from the front part of his leg, near his shoulder.  He's bleeding a bit but as of last night there was no swelling or discoloration.  His attitude was definetely subdued.  We'll see if that lasts (hah, like that would ever be long-term in a terrier!!).

smohr

Re: When An Evil Cairn Runs Into A Rottie/Mixed Breed
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 02:05:39 pm »
Poor Angus!  Hope the damage isn't permanent. :-[

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:09:22 pm »

(anyone know a great deal on a house in Pierce County, WA??). 

Hello, I live in Pierce County, Wa. I own 10 acres out in Vaughn, which is across the Narrows Bridge from Tacoma.

Are you looking to rent or own.

What part of the county are you looking at?

House, Apartment, Condo??? Yard or no?

If you like, feel free to PM me with details, and I'll see if I can help in any way.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 03:56:37 pm »
Hey leah...how's it all working out with Onyx and the other two? From your new avatar, looks like its all going swimmingly.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 09:27:42 am »
Hi Nicole! It's going along fabulously! My husband commented last night that it feels like he's always been here.  ;D

We're getting our schedule together now to start the pups in 4-H with the kids, they'll go through obeidence class and then hopefully CGC.

After that, Josh and I want to take Apollo and Onyx into Therapy training. We have a Ronald McDonald House nearby, as well as several Veteran Retirement homes, and I think both of them have great temperments for it. (I.e. thy're attention-wh(&&'s and love to be petted.)

Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline GeegLuvMyDogs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 10:18:43 pm »
Hi Leah,

Sorry for the tardy reply...been busy and both our computers have crashed in the past three days.

We are currently in the Spanaway area.  Looking for a house....big yard with a fence.  Defintely want to buy and not rent.  This housing market is on fire with no end in sight.  We're pretty open to the possibilities.

Saw you mention that you want to get your dogs involved in therapty.  I'd love to do that with Ebony, our Newf.  Any Newf clubs in the area that you know of?

Gigi