Author Topic: I'm a good dog *commercial*  (Read 5051 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
I'm a good dog *commercial*
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:01:49 pm »
Has anyone seen the new Pedigree dog commercial? I think it's so sad, makes me cry when I watch it :'(

Shelter Dogs
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a good dog *commercial*
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 02:15:25 pm »
That commercial is heartwrenching to watch.  :(
I've caught myself almost in tears when you watch the faces. :'( :'(
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:38:04 pm »
Thanks for the tears!

I think it has a really good message, and like Stella said, maybe it will inspire people to adopt.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:42:51 pm »
I had to fight not to cry, i agree i wouldn't feed my dog pedigree but at least they are helping. Might have to buy a bag and donate it to the humane society.

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 07:01:58 pm »
Oh gosh, I was a mess the first time I saw that commercial.  Now when I see it - I change the channel.  Between their sweet eyes and the narrator's words - I'm a bubbling idiot... :'(

Please keep in mind I'm pregnant, so am also a little over-emotional with stuff like that! ;)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:31:31 pm »
They have been playing that commercial on Animal Planet all day today. I think I have teared up every time it has come on. :'( What an important message they are sending out.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 11:01:11 am »
That is a tough commercial to watch but very valid in it content.  I'm like a train wreck watching it I know I should change the channel (I am a very emotional person and I'm not pregnant), but I can't bring myself to change the channel I feel like I have to watch it.

Unfortunately, the people on this board are not the people that the commercial is geared toward, they probably see the commercial and don't even hear the message.  Big meanies!!

All of the animals in the shelter get to me but the old dogs like 8 years and up breaks my heart how can someone get rid of such a good ole dog? (I know in some cases it is necessary like the death of an owner but I believe most are just "throwing away an inconvenience to them)..Gosh I hate people!!

OK Enough of my soapbox!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 11:02:52 am »
That commercial kills me EVERY time! It just breaks my heart!

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 11:18:19 am »
That commercial is super sad, they had it on all day on Animal Planet! I love the message they're trying to get across though, and I LOVE that very last dog they show, how he cocks his head to the side, he's so flippin' cute!