Author Topic: Speaking of the Noggin  (Read 10883 times)

Nicole

Re: Speaking of the Noggin
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 04:02:18 am »
Yeah, I'm thinking its going to stay Mabel. I think its funny. And kinda suits her, too. My neighbor thinks I should change it to something with a sharper consonant sound. But, I don't think we're going to have to worry about recall or whatever. She's really really REAAAAALLLLY mellow.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 04:19:23 am »
HAHAHAHA - Julie that is hysterical!  ;D
p.s. I too LOVEEEE the name Mabel!

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 05:16:57 am »
I love the pic of Mark ringing the dinner bell. hahhaa!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:23 am »
Where are the pics of Mabel?  Isn't she home yet?  I can't wait to see her homecoming pics.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 03:39:26 pm »
WOW! Congrats on the new addition! Cabeza is gonna have a sister! I'm so excited for you Nicole, good luck with her! Oh, and i love the name Mable.
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Nicole

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 10:36:09 pm »
MABLE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's wonderful and fitting in beautifully. I can't find my camera, so you all will have to wait for pics until later this afternoon!

Nicole

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 03:56:08 am »
You're right Holly. Its Mabel.  :-* I found the camera. Pics to come.

Nicole

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 04:35:46 am »
OMG! I left the USB cable at work. Sorry everyone.

So, I'll just tell you all about her instead.  ;D

She's AWESOME with a capital A. She sits, she shakes, she lays down and she is glued to my side. Offleash, she's right there, on-leash, she's a dream. No pulling, nothin'. This dog has clearly had love and guidance in her life. She doesn't have any issues. She came right in and cuddled up with Lex the kitty. She and Cabeza have been laying right next to one another chewing Bully Stix all day long.

She doesn't like to be outside. She runs out, does her business, and then waits at the door to go back in.

I think she might be kind of old. She's a little stiff-ish when she gets up and her eyes are kind of cloudy. Teeth aren't bad, though. But, who knows? She was a stray. So, maybe fresh water, Evo and lots of love will bring out the true princess that she is. She did have once accident in the house, but Mark and I were gone longer than we had anticipated, so I take responsiblity for that. It was just a little bit of pee, so no big deal.

We are all in love with her. Mark has been the sweetest thing. The first thing he did when we brought her home was get out a big ol' bunch of cheese and try and make her love him more. (he failed. She still loves me more. ;)

Sorry, kind of long and I know that this story isn't any replacement for photos, but I figured I'd give it a try.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 04:24:45 pm »
Awww, I'm so happy Mabel has a happy new home and Cabeza has a new sister.  That's wonderful!!!   ;D  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 10:51:10 pm »
I am so in love with Mabel and I haven't even seen her mug yet!  She sounds amazing! I am so happy for y'all! Bring on the pics!  ;D

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 10:54:28 pm »
Rachel-
I promise I will post pics tonight! I already stuck the USB cable in my purse so that I can do it.

I'm starting to think that she might have some Collie in her. Her schnozz is kinda long, and she's pretty tall. She's taller than Cabeza but weighs like, 20 pounds less! Isn't that crazy?

Nicole

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 12:14:01 am »
No, no idea where she came from. Her rear-end was recently shaved down (I think that they call that a "hygenic clip?) so, I'm going to call around to some of the groomers and see if they know anything about her.

I'm kind of torn, though. Because I wouldn't want to give her back unless her previous owners ROCKED! And if they rocked, they would have looked for her at the shelter, right?  ???

Nicole

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 11:19:27 pm »
ugh, sorry...

I DID take the USB cord home. Its now sitting on the desk with the camera. I will do better tonight.

Anakalia

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 08:23:45 am »
OMG!  I'm away for a few days and a million bagillion things happen on BPO!  I'm so super happy for you and I LOVE the name Mabel!!!  Can't wait to see pics!  ;D

Saint Butterfly

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:35 pm »
Hey Nicole

Congratulation s on your new Friend Mabel.. I have been reading your Post for a few days, It was actually very funny..I really like the part where your Dog was leaving you messages.. You have a lot of Good Friends on here.. Very Funny ones too!

I was starting to wonder if you even had a Dog, I thought you might have had a Frog ;)

Best wishes to you, and Mabel.. You sound like a great match. Sounds like she was meant to be with you.

Cheers,
Shell