Author Topic: HELP! 6 month old Mastiff still urinating in house!  (Read 11652 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: HELP! 6 month old Mastiff still urinating in house!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 05:52:14 pm »
Like others have said, UTI would be my guess..  We just went through this with Sophie who is 7 months old.  She was doing the same exact thing.  We would have to clean pee sometimes 3 times a day.  Doc gave her some anti-biotics and no more messes.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Mastiff4me

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 07:07:01 pm »
Everyone has such great ideas.  I won't be getting Nala spayed until she is well over a year. I have done lots of research about this breed and they really recommend that they are fully mature before doing so.  I can't believe the beautiful dogs on this message board.  It's amazing!  I'm so lucky to have found you all!  I took Nala to the vet today and they are checking for a UTI. Thanks for that idea.  Hadn't thought of it.  They wanted to put her on antibiotics just in case and I decided to wait and see how the test comes back.  We should hear soon.  I'm going to try and post another photo of our Nala girl!  Thanks for all the compliments on her.  We adore everything about her!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 10:57:23 pm »
Everyone has such great ideas.  I won't be getting Nala spayed until she is well over a year. I have done lots of research about this breed and they really recommend that they are fully mature before doing so.  I can't believe the beautiful dogs on this message board.  It's amazing!  I'm so lucky to have found you all!  I took Nala to the vet today and they are checking for a UTI. Thanks for that idea.  Hadn't thought of it.  They wanted to put her on antibiotics just in case and I decided to wait and see how the test comes back.  We should hear soon.  I'm going to try and post another photo of our Nala girl!  Thanks for all the compliments on her.  We adore everything about her!

Love your latest photo!  Let us know if it is a UTI.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

ibenu

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 05:33:43 pm »
Hello there!! Hope  by the tome I am writting this you no longer have a problem. Wee (aa haa ) had a problem,he would go outside poo and pee50 percent of the time.. Justs would even squat while wee were watching and nothing helped.. Then we were   at asuper dogs show and saw alot of the dogs being rewarded with a quick game of tug of war after they did very complicated things. I went down after and chatted. Well, even without a release comoand in place (as he is 4 months) we went ahead and started yelling good boy as we always did when he went outside (pee) but with tug o war rope in hand, or toy while he walked baack in.. he now comes running back in so jazzed to play. And after weeks of him going inside it stopped after just two days of tug o war when ever he went out there....  Hope it works, Definetly is higher value than enything else we have offered him...